· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killifish Tank

1. Cool Killifish Tank

0 Not allowed!
    I haven't been on in a couple months do to being busy and getting surgery. So I thought I would keep a new journal of my ten gallon Killifish tank. Right now it has a male and female Australe Killifish. I plan on adding different Killi's. They won't breed being my pH is to high for breeding requirements. The two are fairly young. If I had to say maybe 8 months, maybe younger. I would love suggestions and wouldn't mind suggestions on how to take clearer pictures. I have the Canon Rebel T4i. Thanks.
    Here is the ten gallon.
    8330635130_be7d05aa34_z.jpg
    Male
    8330633732_073952d48b_z.jpg
    Female
    8330636556_303bc1b5ec_z.jpg
    10 Gallon Nano Tank

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Really nice pictures and appear very clear to me so I'm lost what someone could tell you to improve the photo's.

Very pretty fish and the planting is really well done - super tank.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks and I thought they were a little off, I just was looking if there were any better techniques.
    10 Gallon Nano Tank

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny 
    Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    As Cerment said, your pictures look fine to me. I'm proud of my tanks but I can never take decent pictures (up close) of them so I don't post to many.

Anyway your tank looks great and it's good to see somebody keeping fish we don't always see here on the forum.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks. I plan on adding two Gardneri Killi's soon or I might add another pair of Australe, I cannot decide yet.
    10 Gallon Nano Tank

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here is a new one of the female at feeding time.
    10 Gallon Nano Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Well done, es! Beautiful tank, fish and pictures. I really love their colors. If I ever get killifish again, I'll probably opt for the more colorful Australes or Gardneris. Are they as inquisitive and interesting to watch as the Golden Wonders? Mine, while not as impressive as these, are still very fun to watch. =]

Can't wait to see more.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful tank, beautiful fish! Great work! Well done!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the compliments. Kevin they are a very interesting fish to watch. Especially when the male rubs up against the female. They don't stay on the top like the golden. The two stay on the bottom more. And sometimes the female hangs around the top
    10 Gallon Nano Tank

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Very awesome tank!

For getting clear pictures, you are going to have to make sure your ISO, shutter speed, and aperture are properly set. Keeping the camera super still helps, too. I recommend a good tripod. Avoid using flash when taking pictures of aquariums.

Tip: try to shoot your pictures perpendicularly to the glass. Shooting at an angle is going to distort the picture.

To keep it simple, you want your shutter speed set fast for fast moving objects, like fish. When you raise your shutter speed, the images will be darker. To compensate for that, lower your aperture. As far as ISO goes, high ISO will make the image more grainy. Start high, and if you like the quality, stick with it. If it's too grainy for you, lower it.

I recommend only changing one setting at a time so you can see for yourself the difference the change made in the picture quality.

When it comes to taking good pictures, knowing what your camera can do is key. Watch some tutorial videos for your particular camera on Youtube. There are tons of videos that can get you started, and have you taking some awesome pictures in no time.

I didn't mention lens because that's a whole different story. Start with the camera settings, then move onto different lens if necessary.

If you need some more help, PM me.