· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Guppy - Project XL

0 Not allowed!
    Hello, I will try to keep this post to strictly facts, and short and sweet.

I have been breeding my own strain of guppies for a few years now with great results.

MY breeding program is very different than many others, as color and appearance is not very important to me. Im going for SIZE and Unique Guppies.

my current batch of guppies are as followed.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Females : 3 inch body + 1 inch long tail = 4 inches
    Males : 3 inch body + 1 inch long tail = 4 inches
    YES my males are getting to a point where they are the same size of femails if not larger. With each generation I see an increase of about 3-5% increase in size.

This is how i judge my guppies in order of importance:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    1) Size of body
    2) Thickness of tail
    3) Size of tail
    4) Unique features ( head shape, tail shape, ext)
    5) color
    I take each adult fish, do my measurments, and plug them into a formula I created that gives each fish a score, and is then recorded. Then I take the top 20 scores ( 5 males, 15 females) and then allow them to breed.
    ??Why breed 20 fish at random based on score?? simply because it works, and im looking for large variations to select from.

SO what is this post about:
    Simple, After years of breeding these fish, its time to do some out crossing with other strains to keep my fish healthy, and add traits, then improve on them.

So What Do I need:
    -Im looking for some guppys to breed with. With emphases on SIZE and Strange appearance. Not color appearance, buy rare finage, and head shape.
    -If you are interested, please post images of your guppy next to a ruler on this post, if i am interested, I will contact you to setup buying cost.
    -I am also willing to trade strains if both partys would like

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. When I feel my strain is ready to go public, i will be selling them on my site, and will keep you updated on their status.

Thank you!

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Can I ask to see pictures of some of your fish?

0 Not allowed!
    guppies the size of mollies? sounds pretty cool. as already mentioned we would love pics...

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    im curious to know what you mean by unique head shape...? Definitely want pictures!
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

Default As mentioned

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by thebsuguy
    So What Do I need:
    -Im looking for some guppys to breed with. With emphases on SIZE and Strange appearance.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
    'Strange' is subjective, Please articulate specifics wrt exactly what you seek or better yet provide pics for comparison so that we have an idea of what you are looking for & what you have so far.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.