· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default 2 swordtail females dead in one night

0 Not allowed!
    Ok yesterday both of my girls were on the bottem and not out much(thought they were giving birth). they both were about to pop. So this morning i see 2 half eaten swordtails. one floating and the other on the bottem. I have 7 snails so i figure that is were the half eatin part comes into play. So i check my params. My amonia is up to .25 ppm. Could the small spike be from the over night dead fish. all other params are fine fine and the other fish are fine. Just odd 2 prego swordtails dead in one night
    Last edited by Angelfish11788; 01-08-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Awards Showcase

Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the help and advice - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 
    Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 
    So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny 

0 Not allowed!
    could be internal hemorage did them in or complications with birth? With being half eaten I would not know if there was a fish stuck in the birth canal or not. Ammonia can spike with dead fish. I normally do a 75% water change after any dead fish.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I need to invest in 2 gravel vacs, urrghhh... my aqueon is crap. and my other is at my gfs, i will get the WC as soon as possible. ok i get the internal hemorage, but 2 at once, they were on the small side compared to other sucessfully giving birth

Awards Showcase

Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the help and advice - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 
    Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 
    So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny 

0 Not allowed!
    Do yourself a favor... get a cheap garden hose and go to walmart. There is a product called the Hot Tub Magic drain kit. It has the hook up to the faucet. For the gravel vac, you can take a 500ml bottle and silicone it on the end of the hose with the bottom cut out. It works just fine and costs closer to 20 bucks than 75

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think it because the only spiket that works is shower and its up to high compared to tank.. gf bringing the gravel vac over this evening

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    ah if thats the case just use a gravety drain and let nature take its course and save the water lol.

Lightbulb

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelfish11788
    I think it because the only spiket that works is shower and its up to high compared to tank..
    That being the case, Drain into the tub [Which is lower than the tank right?].
    You do not need the hose attached to any spigot to drain [I have never done it that way at all]. Once the suction is started it's powered by gravity.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    That being the case, Drain into the tub [Which is lower than the tank right?].
    You do not need the hose attached to any spigot to drain [I have never done it that way at all]. Once the suction is started it's powered by gravity.

that is why you are the bomb 85 I feel lack of common since sometimes and i am sure yall think no differant.. still want more opnions on the swordtails