· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    For my 75 gal stand project I took a hollow fully flat "door' assemblty (very cheap at homedepot), I uniformly spaced three added three tubular aluminum rails (3/4" by 3/4" and 4' long) on the inside of this hollow internal 'box' structure (the rails ran along the length of each side and one ran down the middle) and this formed the top of my 'cabinet' for the aquarium. The end of 'door' that I opened had this piece reglued back into place. The top looks professional and better still, easily supported the full weight of the aquarium in a uniform manner.

You could use floor fill to level the top of your stand and then place a similar reinforced support so even if the top warps some, the metal tubular rails will carry the load. Do not depend on just filler - water can damage it and it is brittle (i.e. breaks and cracks in time under load.)

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian Woods Angels
    From the description of the problem the center is bowing down making each end high.

With 3000 pounds of force pressing the sheet of plywood down onto the sheet that is not uniform the over lay sheet would be difficult to keep from just forming to the same shape. This puts us back to square one on the problem.
    In between the top and bottom sheets of plywood will be a set of wooden furring strips that are precision cut to main the proper gap between bottom concave plywood and top flat plywood. The furring strips will sit directly on top of the joists and posts that hold up the bottom plywood. Essentially, I am negating the bottom plywood entirely without removing it.

I've actually been advised against the use of floor fill for this application because it is rigid and brittle, so if there is any flex of tank or stand the fill will snap and fail.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    I am for the planning of the surface to make it flat as well. If you have a router tool maybe you can use it to shave the decking down to a level surface.
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    well, it is 1/2" plywood, and the gap is a maximum of 1/4", so that would work in theory... I don't have the tools to do that though. Might be able to borrow something. Hmm. That would be the cleanest solution.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

Smile Simple Solution

0 Not allowed!
    Here's a possible and very simple solution (not terribly cheap but worth the cost): build a temporary boarder around the entire top that extends 3/4 inch above the highest point (the ends) to form a couter dam. Fill the entire top with liquid polyurethane, which will self level very well as long as the stand is FULLY level. Allow to harden for a few days. Remove the counter dam strip.

This dried polyurethane surface will provide a level, extremely waterproof and ridged platform on top of the existing plywood. Many tables are made this way and the stuff is durable and strong.

0 Not allowed!
    If I were in your situation, I would get a 1" thick pc of plywood cut to fit and shim it across the whole top of the stand. The ugly shims that can can been seen from the front can later be covered with some nice trim.

Use at least a 4 foot long level to check for level.

IMO, your only other option is to build another stand using straight pcs of 2X6s. You can find them with almost no crown and then straighten out what remaining bow there is in the wood when you attach your up-right supports to the 2X6s
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith 

0 Not allowed!
    You might try Marine Grade Plywood. No flaws or large gaps in layers. Better than Veneer

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz fishies - Hardy85 
    The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA cheers man - mojosodope 
    Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA 
    Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 Hey Longshot, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    I used to work in a saw mill and in my experience ALL lumber crowns one way or the other. My father is a general contractor and I learned from him to always crown your lumber UP when building. Under a load it will straighten. If it bows down it is in theory weaker than bowed up. In my opinion rebuilding it with the crown up is the best option. Even the shims will crush down in time with that much load on it. I used 2x4's for my 150 gallon, I stood one upright and screwed the other flat to the top of it so that it looks like a "T". I did this for the top ring and the bottom ring. The uprights were screwed together like an "L". And the outside sheathing is made of 1x8 pine boards. this thing is strong enough to hold up a pickup truck. I put the crowns up and when I placed the 400 Lb tank on it , she leveled right out without so much as a creak from the wood. If it were MY stand I would redo it for peace of mind.