· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Help!!

1. Default Help!!

0 Not allowed!
    I have little snails eating my ferns!!!! What can I do. I have seen any different answers on searches. I have a 36 gallon tank with cobra guppies(16), glofish(2), corys(10), bristlenose pleco(1)and many little invadors!!I think I got the snail when I bought my hornwort back in december but just saw some snails yesterday!! please help thank u.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You can try trapping them by putting in a slice of zuccini and when it is full of snails pull it back out. You can also squish them for you fish to eat.

Also try to reduce feeding a little because that can help keep the population in check.

If they are really out of control you can find an assassin snail to eat your invaders.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    are you sure they are eating them? I have never had little snails that ate my plants. Might be a good idea to make sure there isn't any other issues with the plants. But other than that +1 to giving them some veggies so they can hitchhike back out. I used to squish mine for my fish too, my snail ethics are lacking I guess XD. Another plus 1 to making sure there isnt leftover food floatin around the tank for the snails.

I have assassin snails and 3 of them cleared my tank in a month.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just bought three assassin's I am hoping that will work. The guy at the store told me to try a puffer, but that they will eat my little fry from my guppies.
    with the cucumber do i have to keep it floating or under rocks? Also how do I keep my pleco and corys away from the cucumber? Thank you for your help everyone!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Good idea passing on the puffer. They would more than likely make a meal out of all your guppies, not just the little ones. And thats besides determining if it is even a freshwater species.

I would try to weight the cucumber down, I just stab a fork in a slice to get it to sink. Try it at lights out and check in the morning. Your bristlenose will make a meal out of it but probably not the whole thing in one night. try it out, see how it works. The pleco will thank you for the nice meal either way.