Results 1 to 10 of 15
Thread: 2013 New Year's Resolutions!
01-01-2013, 01:55 PM #1
2013 New Year's Resolutions!
Okay...most of us don't make them...or keep them...
BUT...if you could - what would be a resolution you'd like to see materialize?
Let's try for tangible resolutions though...I think we'd all like to institute World Peace.55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed
01-01-2013, 02:00 PM #2
1. I need to step up my exercise again. I'm gonna try to walk the dogs on nice days OR do the treadmill if it's too cold outside. I'm aiming for 3X a week minimum.
2. Finish decluttering the house by the end of the year! I have 3 rooms still to do...and then I need to go hard-core throughout the entire house again in case I missed something. I want less 'stuff' to dust!!!55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed
01-01-2013, 02:25 PM #3
1. To get out of my apartment and into a house or condo.
2. To get my 30long and 55 gallon tanks back up and running again. The 55 will be a Tanganyikan community with the three juvenile White Calvus from my current tank and the 30long I'm not sure yet-this can only happen if I relocate, however.
3. To get back into the shape I was in when I was a Marine-wishful thinking though lol. Seriously, Exercise more frequently.
Happy New Year Everyone!><((((º> ><((((º> ><((((º> ><((((º>
NEW MEMBERS LOOK HERE:
My Tank Channel:
01-01-2013, 03:13 PM #4
Well as my 21st Birthday is this year I am making a decent resolution, or probably more of a goal. I have been playing the bagpipes for 5 years and this year I hope to learn a second instrument. It will either be the accordian or fiddle. Supposedly they are two instrument pipers find easy to learn, we shall seeMy therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .
01-01-2013, 04:26 PM #5
01-01-2013, 05:20 PM #6
01-01-2013, 05:28 PM #7
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- methuen ma usa
- Blog Entries
My new years resolution is to loose 80 pounds, would like 150 more but i doubt ill get that farKING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
gotta love them bunnies!
I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!
01-01-2013, 05:42 PM #8
Good luck to everyone on thier resolutions!
For me, I'm keeping it light this year. 2012 was a terrible year, what with losing my baby neice and all. So, 2013 is unlikely to be worse.
However, I really do want to work on being more patient and kind. It's so hard for me to stay focused and calm when my little ones are being difficult, and sometimes I do/say things that aren't really optimal. I need to chill out. I'm generally pretty nice to most people, but sometimes those closest to me see the worst of my nature (very catlike...leave me alone until I want you to give me attention). I guess I just want to be more "present" instead of being distracted or annoyed.
01-01-2013, 09:05 PM #9
I have 2 "resolutions" for this year.
1) To focus on what is important in life, to be free from excess time consuming things which only burden me. Hence I bought a much smaller home, sold one of my cars, and have now boarded my horses at a nearby stable. I already enjoy the animals more and have more time with them because all of my time is not spent shoveling after them...I have also enrolled my boy Haden into a program to be used as a therapy animal one day per week.
2) I want to get back into my roots of fish keeping, I hope this year I can refocus on cichlids and expand my collection to a more diverse and interesting lot.20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted
4x75Gs coming soon
01-01-2013, 09:09 PM #10
I hope i actually stick to these but here goes...
1. Stop using the Credit Card i'm not supposed to use so i can have less than a 210 buck minimum monthly payment.
2. Loose weight so that i can lick diabetes. I can't promise i'll excercise proper, but i can try to eat better at least.
Ok One more resolution...
3. Become a better fish owner...While i won't be able to afford epic lighting (at least i have the LED LIGHTING) I will try to take better care of my new live aquarium plants (water wisteria and barcoa carolina) and ensure that i monitor water quality to ensure that i don't get any more fish than my bioload can handle.
20 gallon tall - 3 paskai's neon red rainbow, 5 paskai's blue eyed rainbowfish, 8 harlequin rasbora, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 6 cherry shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 1 bronze cory, 1 peppered cory, 1 julii cory, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis, 1 bunch water wysteria, 1 package of B. Caroliniana, 1 Crypto Luten, 1 red wendii, Mossball.
Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
1 Robo hamster - Spice