· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Question Panaque maccus QT question

0 Not allowed!
    So after some research i have found the pleco i want now, and that is the clown pleco, Panaque maccus. Ive found it can be in temps as low as 73 degrees and it only gets 4 inches, actually eats algae as well as shrimp pellets (good because i have an over abundance of both, lol) and its pretty, so its perfect. I want to get it this week. Only question i have is about driftwood in the QT. Does he need it in there? I have plenty in my main tank, but its too large for the QT, so i need to know if i have to buy a small piece for him or if he will be fine for two weeks?
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    if you can break off some of the bigger drift wood, not the best solution for your main tank but most plecos (i cant speak for this exact one sorry) need seasoned drift wood that would be from your main tank. i think he might survive the qt w/o the wood but i think he would do better with it....
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, ill break out a hammer and snap a piece off. Thanks for the quick reply!
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    100% they need wood, I have clowns and they are never away from the stuff.
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

0 Not allowed!
    Could you get another smaller pcs of drift wood from a LFS ? I would think you could get a smaller pc pretty cheap and be able to put it in boiling water before adding it to your QT tank. Unless you don't mind cutting up some of your exsisting drift wood. You should have a pc big enough to make a hiding spot for him

Due to how hard this wood is, you might have to cut it with a saw, a hammer may not do it for you.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yea i just gave him a little piece of my stick instead of breaking my african mopani, because it was quite hard to break, and the stick is softer. I gave him a tunnel to hide in otherwise. He stayed very colorful during car ride, he seems to take everything well. I think i chose a very healthy guy. :)

ScottishFish, how do u like them? I never saw them before yesterday but was pleco searching at my LFS website and thats how i decided to research and then run in and get him.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

7. Default Good choice :)

0 Not allowed!
    My opinion is that clown plecos are awesome. I had one for 7 years with no driftwood, just a cave (terribly sorry, I didn't know!) but the point is that he always kept the tank clean and was very pretty. I just replaced him in my 30 gal. With another one. He sticks to the driftwood noon and night, but sometimes when I turn the lights on in the morning, I catch him on a plant or sides of the tank. Just give him driftwood and a little shade or shelter, and he'll do just fine. :)
    Tanks: 30 gal community and 10 gal shrimp/community
    Journals Here