· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Buying plants online

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone have any thoughts on buying plants online? I found this website... aquariumplants.com and it seems pretty good. I like how they separate the plants by region, as I would like to do an all South American biotope.

0 Not allowed!
    I use their 'Trace' & 'Total' root tabs and like them, Never bought plants there though. I know others here have shopped there with good results.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've bought on-line, sometimes through Aquabid, sometimes through members of another forum (The Planted Tank) and had good results. Have also used this place - http://shop.plantedaquariumscentral.com/ with good results. Be careful with having plants shipped in cold weather. Packaging is important or the plants could get severely damaged.

0 Not allowed!
    I also buy my plants online or through this site but would buy none right now due to the cold weather conditions.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    they don't warm their plants during transit?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to LH, not all companies will ship with warming packets, many will for an additional fee. Safest thing to do is to contact them beforehand to confirm.

Endangered Species 150G Journal
    Discus Grow Out 65G Journal

'No disrespect intended, but I tell it like it is.'

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Great thought, thanks everyone.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to SueD: I also ordered from http://shop.plantedaquariumscentral.com and had a very good result. The plants were huge, in superb condition, and for a few of them, I got more than what I ordered.

I've also generally had good luck on AquaBid.

In the past, I used aquariumplants.com several times. In general they were good, but for reasons I'd rather not go into here, I had a falling out with them. Suffice it to say look up aquariumplants.com on the Better Business Bureau website.

Awards Showcase

No Message - talldutchie Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I've bought plants and fertilizers from aquariumplants.com many times over several years and have always been very happy with their service and quality. I always received very healthy plants, my order has always been correct, and shipped quickly. When looking at the better business bureau remember they are fueled by a few unsatisfied customers out of possibly thousands throughout the country, most of which were very satisfied with their service and quality. I would take the BBB with a grain of salt.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Lightbulb Just so you know....

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by biotsrama
    Suffice it to say look up aquariumplants.com on the Better Business Bureau website.
    While your at it also look up a bit of info about the BBB so that you can fully understand that they are not a government agency and hold no authority whatsoever.

The BBB is a private 501(c)(6) organization subscription service whos operating budget is solely derived from the membership dues of the very businesses it reports on. By their own admission, Membership in the Better Business Bureau improves a business’ grade.

Make of that what you will.

By the way, The Better Business Bureau is not in fact a member of the Better Business Bureau.
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy
    I would take the BBB with a grain of salt.
    +1 mommy So would I.

I would add that I will also take the first opinion quoted above with that same salt considering that this was their very first post here. It definitely says something... Know what I mean?

You now return to your regularly scheduled thread.
    Last edited by Goes to 11!; 01-06-2013 at 04:17 PM.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.