· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

Default aqueon water changer spare parts?

0 Not allowed!
    One end of the aqueon water changer is the gravel vacuum side. That assembly has a blue valve handle that you turn to open or close the valve. That handle has little tabs on it that allows it to turn but not get blasted off. Well, one of those little tabs on mine broke. Guess what happened. Did you guess "the valve handle got blasted off"? You guessed right.

Fortunately, an aqueon water changer can never break. It can only become a hose. Sorry for the convenience.

With that said, I liked it better when it was a full-on water changer, so I'm in the market for some replacement parts. I just need the gravel changer, or even just the valve handle - but neither of those are items that I'm finding for individual sale. They sell other parts of it individually, but not that part. Has anyone seen just the gravel vacuum end for sale or have other suggestions? I'm really hoping to avoid paying $25-30 because a ten cent part broke.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have no idea where they sell just those parts, check LFS in your area try the not so good ones. I have this LFS that i wil never buy fish from but i buy all my food from them beause they have good prices and i also see parts there i see api test tubes, sucktion cups, and a whole buch of other stuff. Im going to go up there because im in your situation my python sink attahment has a crack or so so when its on and the water is running it squirts everywhere and i need that part to empty my hose after a water change. Im hoping i find the part thats by itself or im forced to buy a new python. Im sure somewhere either LFS or online somewhere they sell parts.
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

Awards Showcase

hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 
    Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 
    lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    Well this place seems to have a variety of parts: http://www.aquariumguys.com/gravel-vacuums-siphons.html

I don't use the aqueon version but from your description it kind of sounds like maybe this part: http://www.amazon.com/Aqueon-06092-W.../dp/B002DVTG4K (sold by aqueon)

Hopefully one of those will help

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 

0 Not allowed!
    close, but that's the other end of changer, the faucet end. It's probably the same valve handle, but I'm not confident I'd be able to extract it and put it on the part I need... it's not really designed to come off once it's on there, I don't think.
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp

Awards Showcase

hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 
    Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 
    lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm ok I see how the aqueon kind works. The equivalent part on mine is separated by a small hose length from the gravel vac end. If that is something that would work then perhaps the valve one out of this part pack: http://www.aquariumguys.com/ultimate...valve-kit.html ?

Kinda stinks they don't sell that end, but perhaps they can be more helpful if you emailed or called their customer support on that one.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Even the Aqueon website doesn't list that part as a replacement part : /. Like previously said you should try contacting them, if that doesn't work there really isn't another option besides DIY I guess or buying a new one.

Endangered Species 150G Journal
    Discus Grow Out 65G Journal

'No disrespect intended, but I tell it like it is.'

0 Not allowed!
    What about fixing on your own, you could go buy a 5/8 ball valve from Home Depot or other department store, just put it like 2-3 feet away from the gravel vac part.

This would really only work if the gravel vac is broke in the "open" position, but all you would need is the ball valve (i recommend a plastic one so it doesn't hit/break tank glass), 1-2 ft of 5/8 hose ($0.40/ft) and some stainless steel clamps ($2/ea)

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You should call them. A lot of their stuff is supposed to carry a lifetime warranty (a rep came to a lfs). I dont know about the waterchanger, the heaters and filters do though.

Good luck.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85
    What about fixing on your own, you could go buy a 5/8 ball valve from Home Depot or other department store, just put it like 2-3 feet away from the gravel vac part.

This would really only work if the gravel vac is broke in the "open" position, but all you would need is the ball valve (i recommend a plastic one so it doesn't hit/break tank glass), 1-2 ft of 5/8 hose ($0.40/ft) and some stainless steel clamps ($2/ea)
    That might work. The valve itself isn't broken, it's just that the handle is... and with the handle broken, as the valve transitions from open to closed, water sprays out of the handle port at blasts the handle off.

I did a water change today, with a bit of babying and care I managed to keep it together. I think it'll work all right so long as I'm mindful of the weak point.

I also stopped at the LFS and asked them about it, and they said they'd call aqueon and see if it's something they can order or not.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I shall check my parts heap for these parts.

I make my own brass and copper faucet adapters, this plastic stuff is junk.

Fairly certain I looked at the aqueon parts chuckled and junk drawered it. I'll let you know.

I rebuilt my python end that sucks the gravel super duty also. I'll see if I have a photo. Again the stuff is sort of weak. That little formed nipple that is on there in green plastic is doomed in my world.