· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 tank Journal

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    nope. no picts :o(
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    No pics for me either.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Holy crap, Sandz! Congrats on the 39 tanks + equipment. =] I'm envious and anxious to see how this turns out. I can't see the pics you posted last, either, but you can open them in a new page. I think they're just too large to post to the forum. Try resizing them and reposting?

As for your question from all the way back about your refugium... Hornwart, Anacharis, Green Cabomba, Water Sprite, Frog Bit, and while not known for it, I suspect Dwarf Lillies will all eat up Nitrates.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Good info Kev, I have the sd card in my pocket and I am seeing if I can upload them... I think its cause I hosted them here and the size doesnt equate. You can go to my gallery and view them. I am going to try to host them on photobucket today.

Thanks forthe feedback guys!
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Quick question: What were you referring to, when you said you didn't know what it was? I don't see anything off? Unless you're talking about that really dirty tank? Is that not a tank?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    THe big white canister/protein skimmer looking thing. My cpu at work isnt being nice to me today so it wont let me upload pics again but I will do them tonight.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fish...3-0802&cat=500 is the link to it.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, I don't think I saw that. I'm not 100% sure, but that's exactly what it looks like to me. A protein skimmer.

Any brand names or model numbers on it? You can probably look it up pretty easily to find out exactly what it is.
    Last edited by KevinVA; 02-12-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I havnt found one, its older as is a lot of the stuff... at least 90s era... If its 100% a protien skimmer I am going to do a 55gal tank just for the heck of it to see if I can get a mated pair of clown fish and begaii cardinal

0 Not allowed!
    That would be excellent. Don't see many saltwater tanks in these journals. =]

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Seeing as its been almost 2 months since updating I figured I would write and let ya'll know how this is going. First, I have my stand built for my 20 longs. Its 8 feet tall and has 5 racks which can hold 5 tanks. The only thing holding the rest up is I am waiting to install extra electrical outlets in the walls before mounting tanks and stands to a wall I might have to get into. This has been a set back and why this is going as slow as it is.

Also I discovered about a week ago that I have a pipe leak in my house. Its covered under waranty but lord knows it went from my upstairs master shower and is dripping into my fish room... I have to disassemble my tanks in there excluding my discus tank and let my warranty workers fix it tomorrow.

So with all this happeneing I decided to move all my africans into one major tank. Im sure ya'll have seen it on a few other posts:

Black diamond grinding sand substrate, two sponge filters and hornwart mounted under rocks for a little green. The tank houses 1 Red Zebra Mbuna, 6 Venustus, 1 Sunshine Yellow Benga, 1 Jacobfreibergi, 3 female red embress, 2 crystal red peacocks and an albino BN pleco with 6 striped nerites. The only new addition to this tank was the red zebra. They are getting allong wonderfully with no aggression seen so far.

Due to moving everything out of my downstairs bedroom labelled "man cave" I have been given sympathy by the wife and the whole 30x22 foot garage is MINE ALLL MINE. So I suspect all tanks will be housed out there. With the electric added, I am thinking of getting away from my central sump idea and going into individual sponge filters running off of a ceramic piston pump. I have all that I need but would have to end cap 20 some odd tanks... I am not sure that is something I want to do.

Thoughts on that would be much appreciated.

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast