· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 tank Journal

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    Its just bare bottom with 3 cichlids, 2 sunshine peacocks and 1 jacobfriebergi. I believed I had 2 female Sunshines but was wrong. Heck, I might be wrong about the female. I am uploading pics to get some opinions. So help me out, is this a M/F or M subdom M?
    You cant see it well but the Jake has the prettiest red crest on his dorsal fin. The tank isnt much to look at but I wanted it as clean as I could to grow out well.
    Wish I could help with the ID. I am not familiar with these fish - but I sure do like them. very pretty!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

I don't like to drink alone..... Cheers - Cliff because they rock! and for showing them to me. - cm12setx Here's to retirement! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the videos and great advice on restocking my dual 29s! - gronlaura for tirelessly showing beautiful, various fish - RiversGirl 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    feelin your pain - SeaLady Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED 
    Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    Haha dont be sorry about the pats I loved watching them lose! I am a Jags/49ers fan of all things so GOOD BYE BRADY!
    Well said they sent "Saint Tom" packing. Fiqured you for a Seahawks fan though.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus 
    Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 
    for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    I was forceplanted in Oregon, moved back to Jacksonville FL Oct 2011. The seachickens are just scrubs in my head... still better than the jags but we stole their defensive coordinator... lets see how he gets to be a head coach.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Awards Showcase

My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus 
    Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 
    for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Mommy for the reply. I am trying to sex them still. I know I have to move the jake before they get breeding size. I just want to make sure I dont just need to move everyone but the dom Peacock.

Awards Showcase

2 Not allowed!
    New update:

Over the weekend I went down to get another 20 or so tanks... Turns out Linda was in a pickle and needed some help so spent the day with her cleaning a shed out. I brought home 9 more tanks and a beautiful Red Zebra Mbuna that everyone had forgotten about. It hadnt eaten in two weeks or so but had 3 cycled filters on a 29 tall? that was so dingy that you couldnt see in the tank. I have the fish alone in a 75gal with all three seasoned filters on it and its already out and eating so we are all good there. Here is the closest I could get to a pic of him:

Hes full grown and already made hell with my gravel. Because I dont have a firm Mbuna tank I had planned for, I am going to go one of two ways with him. I know a local fish group meeting 2moro so I will see if I can find a good trade or just a straight up good home for him. Or I am going to start on some tank mates for him. Its a bit harder to find good full grown tank mates though so I dont really know that its the best option at this time.

Wednesday I will be cleaning the couple of tanks I brought home. I may also go pick up the group of tanks still down with Linda. Along with this last haul I got close to 75lbs of rocks/slate for Malawi's, several home made filters much like the 3 drawer set ups the DIYers on here come up with, about 10 heaters, multiple pumps and powerheads from 500-3000gph, a 48in moonlight led set up, an almost new protein skimmer and sump, more pvc than I know what to do with, a few full 8x4 sheets of 3/4in plywood, about 20 surge protector outlets, about 10 light timers... all in all more equipment than I have a use for yet but hopefully i will never have to buy much in the way of filtration or all that anymore!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow. You're going to have to go into business for yourself. I can't imagine all those tanks.

The red zebra is gorgeous. Poor guy. Good thing you found him. I'm sure you'll end up doing what's best for him. IMO it would be hard to part with him. HE's so pretty but I can see where it would be a problem finding tank mates his size. Good luck and thanks for keeping us posted.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Disclaimer... that picture I didnt take, its a pic that looks exactly like the fish but I brought that in from google. Thanks for the kind words.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Yesterday was a DAY, let me tell ya... I woke up and did my weekly check on my 29gal growout for 3 venustus and a few peacocks and discovered 0 ammo, 30 nitrate but... 5PPM TRITE! I panicked, did a 75% w/c twice and checked twice that same day. No one is worse for the wear but man I shocked me. I am upping my w/c from 50% every 3 days to every 2. Nightly tests until this is back under control. I have 3 filters on the tank, two 45 gal rated sponges and 1 55gal rated hob. All media seeded well and aged fishless cycle wise. It was wierd...

I also made a trip back to help the person who was giving me the tanks. Helped moved a few 150's for her and a boat that had managed to fail on its hydrolic lift... 250hp motors are HEAVY.

I also brought home the last of the tanks and accessories from lindas. That place is way different a month later. In total I have 39 tanks now... Here is the run down:

1 - 180 gal
    3 - 75 gal
    2 - 55 gal
    5 - 10 gal
    2 - 29 gal
    2 - 20 gal standard
    24 - 20 long

With these I have a 10gal bucket with crushed coral substrate, over 15 filters ranging from ac20's to a few canister filters, a 20 gallon tub with holey rock/slate, 12 heaters, give or take 20 tops, from versa glass tops to the plastic ones that are commonly sold, 3 protein skimmers, 1 uv sterilizer, 10+ air pumps, around 20 surge protectors/light timers, 10 lights ranging from a 10gal size to a 29 gal size, enough pvc to built about 5 tents including several ball valves and elbows/t's, 3 full sheets of plywood and several other odds and ends...

Here are the pics:

And for my new question of what the heck is it:
    My thought is protien skimmer... but thats because of the top.

Now comes the fun parts: CLEANING

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!

More pics..

My work cpu wont show the pics, let me know if they show up for you. Apparently the new forum isnt trusted by my work!

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They aren't showing up.
    20 gallon tall: empty
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP
    10 gallon QT: empty

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast