· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 tank Journal

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

1 Not allowed!
    Most of the tanks with fish in them are all taken care of. Her husband had some friends that hes giving those tanks too. I went there and (was to dark to take pics) there were 3 180+. One had 10 red belly piranhas, thats going to one friend and another is a 150 filled with blood parots. I may still end up recieving that if the guy falls through. There is also a 125 with a male and female Jag. OMG they are beautiful. I was sad I couldnt have the jags but am thankful for everything im recieving.

She has a 4 almost 5 ft iguana thats going to a good home as well! A family came by to pick up a 10gal tank from her and ended up with a full wall cage with all the fixings for Iggy. Shes such a docile iguana, I am going to take some pics if shes still there when I go with the U-Haul 2moro.

This lady is the nicest, we sat and talked for almost 2 hours over her husband and I agreed to help her with all the things she needs. I am going to be going into her attic once everything cleared out because shes on the older side and not as steady on a ladder. Shes overjoyed that her fish keeping husbands stash could go to a fish nerd just like him.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    In the unlikely chance you feel you have too many tanks, I would gladly pay some shipping for a 20-30 gallon :)

Great opportunity you stumbled on.
    55 Gallon Freshwater Tank (semi-planted) 48"x21"x13"

Video of 55GAL Tank - DEC 2012

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow what a result, hopefully I wont get an offer like that as my lovely wife would kill me
    1) 140 gallon with 70 gallon sump. 1 German Rams, 50 neons , 16 Schwarzi cory, 10 harlequin rasbora, 6 Hengals Rasbora, 2 Bulldog Plecs, 4x dwarf Gouramis, 12 golden barbs, 12 cherry barbs,8 Yellow Boesemani Rainbows and loads of assasin snails. Sump has central heating pump. water flows through a 4 layer foam and 1- 2kg of bio, also has a 18"x 18" algae scrubber that works well. fluval U2 to transfer to my QT when needed

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Start a fish store, i need a job
    150 gal. (1 black fin Pacu) Modified API Nexx modular filterX3+ a 1 litter bottle Moving Bed filter w/straws + DIY UFAS+ modified PowerHead to an aerated bacteria filter.
    90 gal. (2 black fin Pacu) (1 red fin Pacu)Modified API modular nexx filterX3 + modified PwerHead to a biological aerated filter + 500gph aerated powerhead.
    26 gal. Planted (6mollies) (12platty wags) (1 Bristol nose placo) (4cory cats) (1clown loach) (betta)
    20gal sump project for the 150 or 90

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome haul...i'm so jealous of you. If i had more money...and more space lol

20 gallon tall - 3 paskai's neon red rainbow, 5 paskai's blue eyed rainbowfish, 8 harlequin rasbora, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 6 cherry shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 1 bronze cory, 1 peppered cory, 1 julii cory, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis, 1 bunch water wysteria, 1 package of B. Caroliniana, 1 Crypto Luten, 1 red wendii, Mossball.
    Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Here are the pics from haul 1, 18 tanks total... 22 more to come. A lot of cleaning to do...

Now question... I have a paint scraper to get this blue paint off but i fear scratching my glass... anything you diy guys know to loosten it up for me so that I can get it off easy? Goof off or something like that comes to mind but I dont think its fish safe?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Talking

1 Not allowed!
    Vinegar-soaked kitchen towels. Wallpaper them on all sides and leave overnight. The next day scrub them down with warm water and vinegar and they'll come up sparkling. The vinegar will have softened and lifted all the rock-hard scale parts.

Worked a dream for me in the past - and no risk of poisoning.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the award - Brookfish Thanks for the rep :-) - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas! - The Red Severum merry christmas - mommy1 Seasons greetings have a great christmas - Celtic Fins 
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat Happy Holidays! - King Tut Merry Christmas! - rich311k Wishing You A Very Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy New year. - Celtic Fins 
    Happy New Year to the forum 'funny' guy. AKA...MR. NYLONS. - gabbyguppy Congratulations on your rep star - Celtic Fins Another round for my friends - mommy1 Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1 After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 
    Hope you are well man - robflanker Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy Birthday - mommy1 Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster 

0 Not allowed!
    Thats awesome! I wish I could score something like that around here.
    Congrats! Glad you're going to take care of her in some way. Us fish folks take care of our own.
    Angel breeder wanna-be

0 Not allowed!
    That is going to be amazing when you get them all set up. I hope you will be taking pics/keeping a journal.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Mate when you get those set up you wont have time to write a journal
    1) 140 gallon with 70 gallon sump. 1 German Rams, 50 neons , 16 Schwarzi cory, 10 harlequin rasbora, 6 Hengals Rasbora, 2 Bulldog Plecs, 4x dwarf Gouramis, 12 golden barbs, 12 cherry barbs,8 Yellow Boesemani Rainbows and loads of assasin snails. Sump has central heating pump. water flows through a 4 layer foam and 1- 2kg of bio, also has a 18"x 18" algae scrubber that works well. fluval U2 to transfer to my QT when needed