· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - Anders247 So sorry about your brother. - SeaLady wonderful fish tank you have there. - SeaLady Happy Friday, Joe! - BluewaterBoof Happy Birthday - gadget228 
    Good luck with the interview! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the new job! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the rep! - Wolfgang To help get you started on your SW adventure! - Silbar Congrats! New fish, safely delevered - RiversGirl 
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe 

Default Amazon Joe's Blackwater Biotope

10 Not allowed!
    Well ladies and gentlemen it is official tank #2
    So its with great pleasure to start this second journal. Fortunately this time I'm not starting it after already setting everything up like my 55g.
    Hopefully everyone will be just as excited as me to see the outcome unfold for this beautiful 40B!

DSCN3613.jpg
    DSCN3612.jpg

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Right back at ya! Happy Friday brother. - AmazonJoe Back at you, glad your here ;-) - steeler58 Have a beer for the new fish and safe delivery ;-) - steeler58 vicariously sharing your Harleys - RiversGirl 
    I could not rep you for you tank, so have a b-day cake for the little guy ;-) - steeler58 And a cool one for dad ;-) - steeler58 Can't stop at 1! - Boundava Now you have three. - Boundava Good luck to Drake! - Silbar 
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof 

3 Not allowed!
    Wooohooo!

Do you have anything in mind, yet, as far as setup/layout? Filtration, substrate, plants, etc.?

Tanks that are up and running:
    55 gallon - Community tank - Journal
    90 gallon - Community tank - Journal
    10 gallon - Shrimp tank - Journal

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - Anders247 So sorry about your brother. - SeaLady wonderful fish tank you have there. - SeaLady Happy Friday, Joe! - BluewaterBoof Happy Birthday - gadget228 
    Good luck with the interview! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the new job! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the rep! - Wolfgang To help get you started on your SW adventure! - Silbar Congrats! New fish, safely delevered - RiversGirl 
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe 

5 Not allowed!
    Oh well of course Boof I've had that going around in my head for awhile well right after I set my 55g up haha! I'll post my plans for everyone to dissect.

Awards Showcase

4 Not allowed!
    The setup/layout will be driftwood and leaved bottom not much rock maybe large smoothed river rock... I wanted the larger floor space for bottom dwellers to freely move around so I don't want any sharp pieces of slate.
    I will go collect DW from my local river and use several small branches all mixed up to replicate them fallen into the water and settling

Substrate will be a soil sand mix.
    Haven't decided on plants yet but there will be Amazon frogbit for sure and possibly some type of Echinodorus and Eleocharis.
    I want a seemingly mirror image of the typical blackwater lake/slack water found peppered throughout the Amazon basin. So any plants I add will have to do well in low lighting.

I will put my Emperor 400 modified with ceramics and poly on the end of the tank flowing length ways and will modify as I need to slow the current to a creep to replicate the slow moving waters.
    already have heater and some fluorescent light fixtures just need a glass hood.

I need a very tight lid because I will be adding a rather large school of Carnegiella strigata.

Other fish will be smaller tetras like neon and rummynose. Also a nannostomus sp.

As well as corydoras species from the area/habitat I mentioned If I can find and afford of course haha..

I'll take my time with adding fish so I'll save up if need be. Other then that I'm thinking of getting a spotted raphael catfish and about 4-6 Apistogramma cacatuoides
    Last edited by AmazonJoe; 04-01-2016 at 09:03 PM.

Awards Showcase

4 Not allowed!
    My next task is to figure out the stand. Options are to make it myself or go to goodwill see what could work there.

4 Not allowed!
    40B Twinsies!

Awards Showcase

3 Not allowed!
    Grats on the new tank. I can't wait to see what you do with it.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks Spardas !

My girlfriend wasn't so pleased but of course didn't object to to much lol I assured her I wouldn't be spending all my time on AC... :P

4 Not allowed!
    Tell her it's a healthy obsession. It's keeping you at home instead of being out all the time, lol.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.