· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default JW's 2 10 gallon betta tanks

2 Not allowed!
    Well hello everyone. I am going to go ahead and start my journal for my Betta tanks.

I know I mentioned I was going to use two fluval spec Vís to home our Bettas but I have since changed my mind about that. I am going to go ahead and use plain ole 10 gallons. I already have one of them so all I need to do is pick up another. I am going to use a couple of sponge filters I found on amazon hooked up to an air pump that will operate both sponge filters. I will link my amazon list so you guys and gals can see what I have selected for the two tanks.

As for the stand, Iím going to build a sort of double decker stand and have one tank on top of the other.
    Ok a little about the fish, my gf wants a white/lightish Betta and I will be going with a darker Betta. So for Ms. Jwfish the substrate will be black, and mine will be white. I wont be planting the tank/ well I should say I may stick some anubius and moss in it but thatís pretty much it.

Ok here is the list so far:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...l_upd_succ_mng

2. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwfish13 View Post
    Well hello everyone. I am going to go ahead and start my journal for my Betta tanks.

I know I mentioned I was going to use two fluval spec V’s to home our Bettas but I have since changed my mind about that. I am going to go ahead and use plain ole 10 gallons. I already have one of them so all I need to do is pick up another. I am going to use a couple of sponge filters I found on amazon hooked up to an air pump that will operate both sponge filters. I will link my amazon list so you guys and gals can see what I have selected for the two tanks.

As for the stand, I’m going to build a sort of double decker stand and have one tank on top of the other.
    Ok a little about the fish, my gf wants a white/lightish Betta and I will be going with a darker Betta. So for Ms. Jwfish the substrate will be black, and mine will be white. I wont be planting the tank/ well I should say I may stick some anubius and moss in it but that’s pretty much it.

Ok here is the list so far:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...l_upd_succ_mng
    Your link didn't really provide anything?

That being said sounds like an awesome setup. An anubias would be perfect and bettas like calmer waters so a 10 gallon filter for just one of those guys would probably be a good way to roll. Have you considered maybe something like "duckweed" for the top of the water? Might feel more natural to the bettas and add quite a bit of character to the tanks.

Going to subscribe. I really find little projects like this neat.

1 Not allowed!
    Here is my design for the stand

1 Not allowed!
    I may do some duckweed

2 Not allowed!
    Be cautioned, that stuff can get out of control in a hurry. A floating canopy that is solid.

Your tank could go "dark" with full-on light, and it can clog HOB's in certain setups.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

2 Not allowed!
    Woohoo!! More tanks!

Looks good. Just be sure to leave yourself enough room above the bottom tank. Don't want it too flush or else you won't be able to get your siphon and hands in there for maintenance. Will look pretty sweet though. Are you guys bickering over who gets top bunk? :)
    29 gallon - Community tank - Journal
    10 gallon - Aquascape - Journal
    10 gallon - 1 slightly neurotic betta (does not play well with others...) and a snail

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Be cautioned, that stuff can get out of control in a hurry. A floating canopy that is solid.

Your tank could go "dark" with full-on light, and it can clog HOB's in certain setups.
    +1 to this^

I've heard horror stories about having duckweed. I've read about how it is almost impossible to get rid of it once it is in a tank.
    29 gallon - Community tank - Journal
    10 gallon - Aquascape - Journal
    10 gallon - 1 slightly neurotic betta (does not play well with others...) and a snail

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post

Exactly that's what I want to stay away from, and I have heard and read that it gets out of control pretty fast.

0 Not allowed!
    Exactly that's what I want to stay away from, and I have heard and read that it gets out of control pretty fast.
    If you want floating plants, there are many other less "invasive" options, lol
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal