· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Question My Malawi Peeps!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Do fish just disappear !? As of right now in my peacock hap tank i have a missing fish and i cant find him at all, the same thing happened multiple times when i had my 55g mbuna tank years ago fish will just start missing one by one seriously. I havent witnessed any type of bullying on the missing fish so its hard to believe he got killed and ate by everyone else all i the matter of overnight. I checked around the tank he didnt jump out. Theres no remains nothing he was one i was going to take back to the LFS because he had absolutely no color but still.
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    have you checked underneath the stand or your whole room ? fish can get around pretty good even out of water ... i would think it has to be somewhere

0 Not allowed!
    How big is the missing fish and do you have driftwood in your tank?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the fish was about 3 inches and i have rocks but i looked in all the crevices with a light an i dont see him. Feeding time could be found . The thing is i never seen him get bullied by anyone. I havent came across him on the floor or anything either would that leave a smell?

0 Not allowed!
    Haha, depends on how long it's been on your floor. ;P Can you see behind the rocks?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    When our mbuna tank was going together we had a couple fish disapper overnight. They were only about 2 inches but when we took our cichlid stones apart we could not find them.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA
    Haha, depends on how long it's been on your floor. ;P Can you see behind the rocks?
    I can see behind and in the crevices i made and nothing. No rocks had fell so i know he didnt get crushed. I was going to get rid of him eventually anyways just hope he isnt traped and messing up my water quality.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady10Godiva
    When our mbuna tank was going together we had a couple fish disapper overnight. They were only about 2 inches but when we took our cichlid stones apart we could not find them.
    same here i would check everywhere and nothing would pop up. i went from like 18 down to 14 4 unknown deaths but i had a big catfish that i think was disposing of the bodies i dont have no catfish in this tank.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hey BB he has to be somewhere unless he was eaten but even then i doubt they could eat it within the time frame of you noticing he was missing what about the filters have you checked there ? maybe buried in the sand ? just thinking of places it could be

0 Not allowed!
    BB I have had this happen. I believe you'd find bits and parts of a completely stripped clean spine if you were to completely remove your hardscape. Sometimes a fish can die and be eaten within a few hours(overnight) in African setups. Especially in the presence of a larger catfish or group of them as is my case. Who knows, he might have eaten it bones and all if he is really large. How big is he might I ask?
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.