· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Looking for some suggestions

0 Not allowed!
    I am pretty good at determining what my aquascape should look like, but now I am thinking what fish I should do in my 125. I am considering some cory's, blood-fin tetras,neon tetras, a couple of Siamese algae eaters, definitely some bristlenose plecos, I really like the look of the Denison barbs but do not know much about them. For plants I am going to do a sporadic ground cover of dwarf baby tears, a BUNCH of Anubias varieties, downoi (if I can find it) and thinking about some star moss on some of the limbs. I am entertaining suggestions, my old 125 was awesome (came in #2 wordwide for best all time freshwater tank on Ratemyfishtank.com) and now I want to shoot for #1. Here is a pic of my tank as it stands now. It is a fresh restart and I am going through NTS so please forgive the cloudiness.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well I'm thinking you heading in a good direction. Looks good so far, If anything I would add a few more rocks.

Awards Showcase

I don't like to drink alone..... Cheers - Cliff because they rock! and for showing them to me. - cm12setx Here's to retirement! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the videos and great advice on restocking my dual 29s! - gronlaura for tirelessly showing beautiful, various fish - RiversGirl 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    feelin your pain - SeaLady Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED 
    Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Bloodfins a great choices for big school in the way you've got your tank layed out. Neons are always a good choice, just get a big school.

Denisons are great schoolers and bigger barbs but are gentle for their size.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    A few vail like plants and maybe a few plants that will grow on the wood. A heavy wooded tank is asking to have a large school of discus - they go great with cardinals.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    The look of your tank to me is screaming cichlids

I can imagine firemouths, blue acaras, convict. . . . Or maybe go for dwarfs, like Bolivians, Kribs, apistos

Just my 2pence
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

Cool

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, that's a great hardscape you have there. I imagine lots of elegant, curling, cryptocoryne crispatula weaving through those branches. Maybe a few bushy hygrophilia to provide some highlights and density. A large school of harlequin rasbora or cardinals would really pop against the greenery.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Large schools of Rummynose and Cardinals. Bolivian Rams. Corys and Nerites. Long, sweeping plants like jungle vals, spiral vals, rotala and sunset hygro for reds. All background. I would fill the entire background behind the wood with plants. Are you doing low or high tech setup for plants?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just a regular low maintenance setup, I have always had great luck with Anubias plants so I just ordered 12, 4 different varieties, broad leaf for the back, nanas for the lower driftwood and front, some wrinkle leaf for the midground and some congensis for wherever. I REALLY like the Downoi and will try to find those, I would like to do dwarf baby tears as a ground cover but I am not going to over order just in case they do not do as well. There was 1 really wickd plant that my GF and I like and it is a Crinum Calimistratum.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffs99dime
    Large schools of Rummynose and Cardinals. Bolivian Rams. Corys and Nerites. Long, sweeping plants like jungle vals, spiral vals, rotala and sunset hygro for reds. All background. I would fill the entire background behind the wood with plants. Are you doing low or high tech setup for plants?

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I do not really care for Discus, they just never appealed to me, those cardinals are awesome though

Quote Originally Posted by Cermet
    A few vail like plants and maybe a few plants that will grow on the wood. A heavy wooded tank is asking to have a large school of discus - they go great with cardinals.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No more cichlids for me, I am not doing Africans anymore, south americans were a possibility but they get large and reek havoc on my plants

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishFish
    The look of your tank to me is screaming cichlids

I can imagine firemouths, blue acaras, convict. . . . Or maybe go for dwarfs, like Bolivians, Kribs, apistos

Just my 2pence