· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    Any deterioration of muscle structure/fins or curvature of the spines?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    No and No.

The ONLY symptoms seen were those noted in the original post. There seems to be no symptoms in any of the other tank inhabitants either.

0 Not allowed!
    Anything new done to the tank?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Nope, just standard maintenance (WC/Filter cleanings/plant trimmings)

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My EBR, gold rams. and GBR love a nice low ph (6.5-7) with a fairly high temperature (79-84). If you are injecting co2 check the levels since I find mine get a little jumpy when it gets too high. Make sure there are no fish that are bullying. Also, Iron levels in the water really agitate their gills. If you see heavy breathing this could be another factor. Be careful with the water changes, they can change the ph and temperature drastically if not watched over. Try adding ph down by api. Works for my breeding pairs and my larger discus. What other fish are in the tank?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I do not use CO2 on this tank. Mineral content in my water seems to be lower, I do use primarily root tabs for the plants.

I'd rather not go to a situation where I have to correctly balance and dose chemicals for ph, as I think this leads to less overall stability in the tank.

Other tank mates are 2 plecos (a rubber nose and a gold nugget, Kuhli loaches, siamese algae eaters and giant danios) No noted signs of bullying. Occasional short chases, but plenty of sight line breaks and plants/caves provided.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Giant danios are know for driving other fish crazy because of their fast swimming and pretty much never staying calm. Although this only effects slower fish like discus, the ram could be a special case.