· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanofreshysalty
    King fisher because each fish and or animal needs to be examine before releasing into the wild, they can bring on parasites and viruses on to other animals
    Oh I did not know he planned to release them into the wild. That is totally illegal in most states as well as wrong for the reasons you just stated.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry about that i use the talk to text an look over it real fast and send away.....im not stu stu stu stu stupid lol is there a cheap cheap safe way to take the chlorine out of the water? Maybe something that I have in the kitchen or laying around the house that is safe for my fish and live plants (FW) my ph is 7.0 and my ammonia is 3.0 and I ran out of my other testing strips, I'm waiting on API pro testing kit, I'm looking to go to Walmart and get those ammonia discs but I really don't know if they work or not or even worth the buy right now. so my dilemma right now is getting that ammonia down and getting that chlorine out of my water before I do the water change to get the ammonia down
    150 gal. (1 black fin Pacu) Modified API Nexx modular filterX3+ a 1 litter bottle Moving Bed filter w/straws + DIY UFAS+ modified PowerHead to an aerated bacteria filter.
    90 gal. (2 black fin Pacu) (1 red fin Pacu)Modified API modular nexx filterX3 + modified PwerHead to a biological aerated filter + 500gph aerated powerhead.
    26 gal. Planted (6mollies) (12platty wags) (1 Bristol nose placo) (4cory cats) (1clown loach) (betta)
    20gal sump project for the 150 or 90

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Instead of buying the ammonia disks right now, buy some dechlorinator. You must do a water change, several actually, to get that ammonia down to .25ppm as soon as possible or the fish will die.
    Last edited by mommy1; 12-30-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    is buying that dechlorinizer the only way to do that or can I let a big bucket of water sit out for 24 to 48 hours, I read if you let it sit out it will take the chlorine out?
    150 gal. (1 black fin Pacu) Modified API Nexx modular filterX3+ a 1 litter bottle Moving Bed filter w/straws + DIY UFAS+ modified PowerHead to an aerated bacteria filter.
    90 gal. (2 black fin Pacu) (1 red fin Pacu)Modified API modular nexx filterX3 + modified PwerHead to a biological aerated filter + 500gph aerated powerhead.
    26 gal. Planted (6mollies) (12platty wags) (1 Bristol nose placo) (4cory cats) (1clown loach) (betta)

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Chloramines will not gas off like chlorine will, you must use the dechlorinator, I know of nothing from the home that will dechlorinate the water.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.

0 Not allowed!
    is buying that dechlorinizer the only way to do that or can I let a big bucket of water sit out for 24 to 48 hours, I read if you let it sit out it will take the chlorine out?

Most places use chloramine now which does not dissipate when you let the water sit. Besides this, your fish do not have 24-48 hours to wait if your ammonia level is already that high. you need to do something ASAP.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    And next time you decide to rescue four large fish, or any fish for that matter, be sure you are ready to properly care for them. I know you are trying to do the right thing, but this is becoming more harmful to the fish you are trying to save with every post. Maybe your friend who had them originally has some dechlorinator to spare.

0 Not allowed!
    do I need to use the dechlorinater every time I do my water change because that's getting quite expensive, because I have no more and I need to do these water changes to keep these guys going
    If you cannot afford dechlor[but require it], You cannot afford to keep fish.
    Rehome your stock.

Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Mate, if your water comes from a bore hole or well you wont need de-chlor, otherwise you will,

Ask your local shop if they can look after the fish until you do a fishless cycle as you wont need to change water.

A bottle of de-chlor will last me about 3 months and I have 2 large tanks to use it on and costs 11 here in the UK. It costs more for the lights and heating

Check into your finances to make sure you can afford to keep the fish

Do not release them into the wild under any circumstances

Oh and you might want to read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacu It would scare the cr*ppers out of me, I think I would just end having a nice exotic dinner party with friends
    Last edited by scotchbonneteater; 12-31-2012 at 01:28 AM.
    1) 140 gallon with 70 gallon sump. 1 German Rams, 50 neons , 16 Schwarzi cory, 10 harlequin rasbora, 6 Hengals Rasbora, 2 Bulldog Plecs, 4x dwarf Gouramis, 12 golden barbs, 12 cherry barbs,8 Yellow Boesemani Rainbows and loads of assasin snails. Sump has central heating pump. water flows through a 4 layer foam and 1- 2kg of bio, also has a 18"x 18" algae scrubber that works well. fluval U2 to transfer to my QT when needed

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah that's the thing out here it's pretty expensive, for a 20 ounce bottle you're looking at just under 20 bucks, enough bottle does about 400 gallons and I usually double up on it and I've been so you think more fish and the molar water changes and I was not expecting this at all the guy show me a picture on his phone in that did not do any justice to the size of the fish, so I went out on a limb and I've always wanted to tryout big fish and I did it and now here I am lol but it's just this Christmas and holiday thing that sets me back for a few weeks or so,, but right now they're doing pretty good buy ammonia is dropping, and I have been rarely feeding them maybe every other day every 2 days, when I do see them it's usually lettuce tomatoes potatoes and fresh vegetables, the guy that had them before used to feed them feeder fish for about 6 years and now I'm switching their diet tremendously some kind of worried about that, any thoughts on change of diet from a long time of eating feeder fish to fresh vegies? or am I turning my fish into a hypochondriac lol