· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Fishless Cycle 10 Gallon Update

0 Not allowed!
    Here are this morning's numbers from the 10 gallon fishless cycle...

AMMO .5 (due to some leftover rotting leaves from the crypto melt after the bleach solution bath i'm pretty sure)

NITRITES ZERO (finally)

NITRATES didn't bother checking because we all know they're high...

Temperture currently 83.7 (bumped it up two days ago from 78.4 and it gave it what it needed)

Now i could probably find some shrimp to stock in this tank as far as the red crystal ones at the lfs i trust, but not the ember tetras. I could always check with the fourth of my lfs to see if they have them.

Should i do a 90 percent WC on this tank and then keep dosing with ammonia. I can check my LFS stores this evening and see if i can find anything after i get off work. I will be looking for ember tetras. Neons and cardinals i know at least one of my LFS stores carry them.

What do you think. Also if you advice me to wait...four drops of ammo daily gave me a ready of .5 should i keep dosing with that if you tell me to hold off? The ammo in there is a constant reading i've had for the last two to three days, so don't think i'd need to dose unless it drops to zero.

Thoughts? Comments?

20 gallon tall -7 paskai's rainbowfish (neons and blue eyes), 8 rasbora het, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 9 cherry shrimp, 3 algae eating shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis (separated), 1 bunch water wysteria (separated), 1 red wendii, Mossball, 1 microsword plant (separated), 1 package of staurogyne repense (separated)

Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 
    You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz 
    for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook 
    beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I think you should wait till that ammonia drops to 0ppm and be sure both the ammonia and nitrites stay at 0ppm for at least 24 hours after re-dosing with ammonia before you call the tank cycled.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    perfect thank you. I will keep an eye on both for another week or so. thank you for the advise. also saved me from getting fish i wasn't ready for yet...

(only 3 oto cats left) i know one died from stress the other may have two, because it was curled up a little bit floating on the top of the tank water this morning)

20 gallon tall -7 paskai's rainbowfish (neons and blue eyes), 8 rasbora het, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 9 cherry shrimp, 3 algae eating shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis (separated), 1 bunch water wysteria (separated), 1 red wendii, Mossball, 1 microsword plant (separated), 1 package of staurogyne repense (separated)

1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

4. Default 10 Gallon Fishless Cycle Take 2 update

0 Not allowed!
    Today I took readings on the ten gallon fishless cycle.

This is about a week after i found out that my first try at this probably failed and am following fishmommie's advice. Also on the first try of fishless cycle i think i OD the initial dose of ammo which is another part of the reason the first try failed.

This morning's readings:

Ammo: .25
    NitrItes: .25

I will be checking my ammo this evening to see if falls to Zero since it's only at a straight .25 now. I will not dose if i has not fallen to Zero this evening.

I also have that brown algae growing in my fishless cycle tank on the 'rock cave' decoration i bought from one of my local LFS stores. The one that is supposed to grow on things during cycling.

Hope everyone is having a merry Christmas.

1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

0 Not allowed!
    Another thread about the same cycling tank is unnecessary. I will merge this thread with one of the other threads already started about this tank.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry kingfisher, i keep doing that...

1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shidohari
    Sorry kingfisher, i keep doing that...
    Yes, we know.

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm surprised you haven't sent a great white shark to bite my hands off yet lol...Happy Holidays...

1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

0 Not allowed!
    It gets very frustrating to those that are trying to help when they have to go chasing information through 7 threads to get the complete picture of what is going on. It is best to stick to one thread and post your updates so that people can see all the details in the same place.

"

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes sir, i'll try to do better

1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice