· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Unhappy Cory lost tail ?

0 Not allowed!
    Looked in my tank this morning to find a Cory with no tail and scales missing all down it's right rear quarter. I have the stock in my profile and am at an end as to how it happened, does anyone think my plec's could of done it ? or maybe he got stuck somewhere ?

Photo's attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1) 140 gallon with 70 gallon sump. 1 German Rams, 50 neons , 16 Schwarzi cory, 10 harlequin rasbora, 6 Hengals Rasbora, 2 Bulldog Plecs, 4x dwarf Gouramis, 12 golden barbs, 12 cherry barbs,8 Yellow Boesemani Rainbows and loads of assasin snails. Sump has central heating pump. water flows through a 4 layer foam and 1- 2kg of bio, also has a 18"x 18" algae scrubber that works well. fluval U2 to transfer to my QT when needed

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Can we have a complete list of your stock? Maybe a run down of the tank? Rocks? Wood? Plants? Filters? Just trying to figure out what in your tank could possibly do that much damage.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My stock is:
    140 gallon with 70 gallon sump. 30 neons , 8 white cloud mountain minnows,, 10 Schwarzi cory, 10 julii cory 12 harlequin rasbora, 10 Hengals Rasbora,2 Bulldog Plecs, 2 Bristle nosed plec's and loads of assasin snails.

There are two pieces of bogwood and about 15 large round pebbles,

Plants are plastic and live about 60/40.

Amm 0
    PH 7
    Nitrite 0
    Nitrate below 5
    1) 140 gallon with 70 gallon sump. 1 German Rams, 50 neons , 16 Schwarzi cory, 10 harlequin rasbora, 6 Hengals Rasbora, 2 Bulldog Plecs, 4x dwarf Gouramis, 12 golden barbs, 12 cherry barbs,8 Yellow Boesemani Rainbows and loads of assasin snails. Sump has central heating pump. water flows through a 4 layer foam and 1- 2kg of bio, also has a 18"x 18" algae scrubber that works well. fluval U2 to transfer to my QT when needed

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    More pics, I think he must of got stuck somewhere as none of my stock could fit him into their mouths except the BN plec.
    Attached Images Attached Images

0 Not allowed!
    Wow - that's pretty gruesome looking -sorry about your loss : (
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

0 Not allowed!
    It could have died on its own and just been pecked at by the others, or munched on by a plec?

I can't see any likely murderers in your stock list.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Poor thing was still alive in this state, I think it must of got injured on something before the others had a nibble or got ill and was nibbled on

0 Not allowed!
    Looks pretty brutal for him to have just gotten stuck. It looks like the tail was ripped (or nibbled) off. Possibly severe fin rot? If he was sick/weak/slow, it wouldn't take much for the others to start nibbling on him.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe caught in a rock? And tore his tail trying to break free?

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    He was in perfect health 12hrs earlier so I guess he must have got stuck somewhere, I'd better have a bit of a shift of things just to be safe.