· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on your purchase!

For heaters it wouldnt hurt to get the 250w pros (unless you are southern california where the heaters wont even be on much. I know you could get an inline heater heater if it matches up with tube size on the fx5 but I dont know much about them. The aqueons have a nice lifetime warranty and should be cichlid proof.

Your filtration plans look really good too. Depending on what you stock you could probably do less even. Though I would still keep one aquaclear 110 for surface movement and ease of getting at media or adding carbon if you need to.

I am assuming you wont have many plants with the devil so if I were you I would definately try out the light you have before you buy new. You would only have one foot on each end without light and it may spread enough for viewing. You can always upgrade later.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady10Godiva
    Congrats on your purchase!

For heaters it wouldnt hurt to get the 250w pros (unless you are southern california where the heaters wont even be on much. I know you could get an inline heater heater if it matches up with tube size on the fx5 but I dont know much about them. The aqueons have a nice lifetime warranty and should be cichlid proof.

Your filtration plans look really good too. Depending on what you stock you could probably do less even. Though I would still keep one aquaclear 110 for surface movement and ease of getting at media or adding carbon if you need to.

I am assuming you wont have many plants with the devil so if I were you I would definately try out the light you have before you buy new. You would only have one foot on each end without light and it may spread enough for viewing. You can always upgrade later.
    thank you :) I sure am excited about getting this tank , and yea might have to get those idk i figured since i had 1 300 watt in my last 135 two 200 watts would be ok .... too scared to try a inline alot of reviews say they don't last long and fry there fish .

no plants for me real or fake tried out fake and he had them floating within a day lol will prob be just rocks and driftwood scape with a black painted background.

i think i may just save some cash and use the existing light plus it only uses 11 watts so that is nice

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new tank, what a bargain we would have to pay that for a second hand 135 in the UK.
    1) 140 gallon with 70 gallon sump. 1 German Rams, 50 neons , 16 Schwarzi cory, 10 harlequin rasbora, 6 Hengals Rasbora, 2 Bulldog Plecs, 4x dwarf Gouramis, 12 golden barbs, 12 cherry barbs,8 Yellow Boesemani Rainbows and loads of assasin snails. Sump has central heating pump. water flows through a 4 layer foam and 1- 2kg of bio, also has a 18"x 18" algae scrubber that works well. fluval U2 to transfer to my QT when needed

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by scotchbonneteater
    Congrats on the new tank, what a bargain we would have to pay that for a second hand 135 in the UK.
    yea they are trying to get that or more here in the states too i just got lucky with a big sale i think

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well back finally from getting the tank in the house and now saving up for the pine stand which is 179.99 in black color that will be my next purchase

0 Not allowed!
    Yes darn stands can be more than the tanks. I found a good redwood stand on e-bay once that was good priced.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yea i wish i could build a stand would be alot cheaper maybe but i don't think i could get them as nice as the ones you buy lol

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    And if you don't have the proper tools, the time and cost of building a stand may not be worth it.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    just a update I will be going to get the black pine stand today in a lil bit will update again with pictures when i get back . really excited now its coming together won't be long until its up and running .

Awards Showcase

Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 
    Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

Thumbs up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cichlids209 View Post
    Plans for the tank will be as followed how does this sound everyone

filtration will be 2 aquaclear 110's and a fx5

heating will be 2 aqueon pro 200 watts

lighting will be 2 36 inch beamswork LED's Or i might just try out my 48 inch led on it see how it looks ..

i think that will cover the essentials any other suggestions or thoughts ?
    Great deal on the tank! I love my 2 AC110s on my 75 gal. I also have a Beamswork 48 in single brite LED - love it (I have artificial plants). And 2 250 watt Aqueon Pro Heaters. They keep my tank at a constant 77 degrees. Got the AC110s and the heaters at thatpetplace.com and the LED from Aqua Traders (cheapest online prices I found).
    Last edited by Cliff; 02-10-2013 at 04:18 AM.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"