· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onefish-twofish
    Bethy Mt, King Fisher, 850R, and to all others who posted here. Thank you all very much for your input. I've learned a few things from you all, and again I thank you. I suppose I should say that I do consider it embarrassing to loose so much, and not know why, I also take losing fish very personally, because after they leave the LFS they are in my charge. Again, I thank you for your time and consideration.
    No need to be embarrassed - you posting here shows your concern for your fish - that is to be congratulated!

We ALL do things out of ignorance when we start off in a hobby and by coming here, you are reaping from years of experience.

Sometimes there is no way to pinpoint why a fish died even if we do everything right.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i had three tetras alive when I came home after being gone. I have been watching them very carefullly, as well as my water. This morning one of them had a white fuzzy patch one his head and swimming erratically and very weakly, the coloration of his gills were a very bright reddish brown. I pulled him out and erradicated him, he was far gone. My best guess is columnaris

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I had a similar incident happen when I was younger, we had some friends take care of my pets while we were gone and it turned out to be the worst possible outcome when we got back. Not only did my cat have it's kittens while we were gone (in which there was blood EVERY WHERE.) But my fish tank had a lot of dead fish in it. Most of my Mollies had died and the same thing with my guppies. My Cory had gone insane and after a few weeks of being home he committed suicide by jumping out of the fish tank during the night. not to mention that because of my cory, all the ghost shrimp in my tank had been eaten by it.. -_-. Worst thing EVER.

Anyway. In my case it was over population of the tank and over feeding. But in your case it could have been a disease from your tetras. There is a disease that tetras get that is incurable and it doesn't take that long for them to die from it.. I don't know if that was it but... It might have been, But the fact that your other fish died to, well that confuses me. So there's my output on this.