· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Don't worry too much about your nerites. They are made for clinging to large, flat, smooth objects and not for traversing sand or fine substrate.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The white thing isn't poo, it's an egg. Nerite poo is generally small brown/green pellets.

0 Not allowed!
    Nooo, I know what Nerite eggs look like. Though, maybe I don't know what Zebra Nerite eggs looks like. Horned Nerite eggs look like little white sesame seeds. These are string-like, about _ <- that big. Just a line of white.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    My Red Spotted Nerites' eggs also look like white sesame seeds. I have probably close to 100 now. lol Razor blade does the trick. Getting them off the inside of the filter strainer sucks though. I still don't know how they get them in there. lol

0 Not allowed!
    It was most certainly poop! Then I found brown poop here and there. That's a fantastic find, b/c it means they're eating. I also noticed more diatoms today, so we're on the right track. ;P

Soon enough, I'm sure we'll get things rolling and I'll see some eggs somewhere... then it's time to play the waiting game.

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    That's great :D I actually starting noticing small pin head sized Olive Nerite eggs in my Molly tank. So far I've counted a good dozen. Which is odd as although I have 8 in my Molly tank compared to the 4 in my Gourami tank the ones in the Molly tank are all very tiny, smaller than marbles. I didn't think they'd reproduce at their size, but they are. The ones in my Gourami tank haven't seemed to want to reproduce yet, although both sets live in the same conditions.

0 Not allowed!
    Your Olive Nerites are reproducing in freshwater?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    Your Olive Nerites are reproducing in freshwater?
    They can most certainly reproduce in freshwater, they just will not hatch. I have probably about 100 or so (Red Spotted Nerite eggs) in my tank right now.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, I read his post as they were hatching in freshwater, as well.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    All the driftwood and background in my 20G is covered in little white pinhead eggs. They're not very attractive, but the snail is adept at getting them into crevices so they're hard to get rid of.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast