· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Possibly good news tonight.

I was checking the Zebra Nerite snail tank for eggs again and didn't find any... However, I did find at least 2 baby snails moving around on the glass. Obviously they're entirely too small and transparent to see exactly what they are, but I would highly doubt they're pond snails, since it's brackish water. Hopefully in the next week, I'll start to see some development with their shells and will be able to confirm what they are. Woohoo!

As for the Rabbits... looks like I was a month off. My supplier said April and I was thinking March. However, this week is supposed to be amazingly nice (today was in the high 60s, and it's supposed to be between 50-60 all week), so I pushed him into moving up the ship date (which he was ok with). I should have my 5 Orange Rabbits in the next few days.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats nice to hear you're seeing baby snails, can't wait to see what they are. And its good to hear you'll be getting your rabbits :D

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yay on the rabbits!!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear things are moving along in the right direction!
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just gave this a read through from where I left off... any updates?

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for the delay guys. I've been meaning to write an update, but my house has become a regular Bed & Breakfast over the last two weeks... then my father in law decided to destroy my pc's power supply (somehow - can't really figure that one out yet) over the weekend, so I'm without a PC until the new one arrives in a few days.

Just a quick update: My rabbits are doing well, but we hit a snag on the day I got them. I did a quick water change on the day that they arrived and while I was refilling the tank, I noticed something odd... there was water streaming down one of the corners of the tank. =X D'oh! It sprung a leak!

I worked like mad to get a new tank ready for them (luckily I had my old 10gal Betta tank that I could use), while they were sitting in a bucket w/ a bubbler. Since I already had reproductive success with my other rabbit snail in the Betta tank, I figured I might as well switch from the crappy crushed coral to the black sand I used in that one. The crushed coral was absolutely horrible for plants and I witnessed how difficult it could be for my Nerites to move around in it... so, I opted for my re-washed black sand.

I moved everything from the leaking tank to the new tank (rock, new driftwood & plants + the sand). I think everything looks much better now. I'm also using my AC20 filter in there, which I prefer to the sponge filter. I'm running both at the moment, until the AC20 can take over completely (just building my bio filter w/ the seeded sponge filter already there).

Anyway, all 5 rabbits are alive and well, but there's been an outbreak of pond snails from one of the plants... not sure which.

As for the Zebra Nerites, all of the remaining 4 have been eating well. The plants are actually flourishing (even the mangroves - one of the seeds actually sprouted a baby stem). The older mangroves kind of curl up from how I have them on their side, so their very green and strong leaves point up. It's pretty interesting to see something so thick/sturdy do that, as opposed to the normal aquarium plants you typically see.

Unfortunately, those 3-4 baby snails I saw were actually pond snails. Can you believe it?! They can survive in anything... even brackish water. I did notice, however, that one of the Nerites has deposited a full load of eggs onto one of the sides of the rocks (and a couple of leaves of Java Fern). At the moment the water density is about 1.004 (just tested yesterday). I'm going to bring that up to 1.008 and see if anything hatches. =]

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 feelin your pain - SeaLady 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus 
    Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady 
    the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to see you back. Funny how in- laws can mess things up. I went into the hospital last summer for a simple procedure and was sharing a huge garden with my brother and his wife. We were supposed to water every three days but my sister in law did not do what she was supposed to do and by the time I went out to ck it out five days later, most everything was dried up. She denied it but nobody had watered as was obvious. I got most of it to come back but she would never admit to doing any harm.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Steeler,

I finally got my power supply yesterday and installed it relatively easily. So, I'm up and running again. =] Hope to have more updates/pictures on my journals and getting involved again... until my new son arrives in a few weeks.

Awards Showcase

TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 feelin your pain - SeaLady 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus 
    Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady 
    the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    Thanks Steeler,

I finally got my power supply yesterday and installed it relatively easily. So, I'm up and running again. =] Hope to have more updates/pictures on my journals and getting involved again... until my new son arrives in a few weeks.
    I didn't know your wife was expecting. Congratulations dude! Bet you'll be a great Dad.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks again, man, I really appreciate that. This is actually my 2nd one. I have a 2 1/2yr old daughter (Kaitlin), as well. =]