· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default How to put silicone on both sides of baffles in refugium?

0 Not allowed!
    See attached picture. I need to get silicone on the part of the picture in red, but the gun won't fit between the baffles.

I am making a refugium where the baffles are about an inch apart from each other.

Since they are so close, I can't get the gun in between the baffles to get both sides.

How should I do it?

I am using a typical caulk gun to apply the silicone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

0 Not allowed!
    If you can get your hand in there, you can apply some silicone with your finger

If not, I would not worry too much about it if you can get a good application of silicone on one side. I have two baffles in my 55 gallon sump that I could only get silicone on one side and it worked out well.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You need a new uncut tube of caulk or a tube cut very close to the end. You need a piece of flexible tubing to fit over the cut that you place onto the tubes applicator. Carefully trim the one end of the flexible tubing to be able to apply a nice seam on the joint. Cut the other end so that it will fit tightly onto applicator. I use rubber automotive vacuum tubing for this as it is very flexible. The length will be determined by how you need to work the tubing into the space. With some patience it can turn out nice. Feed the caulk into the flexible tubing patiently and slowly.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Some long Popsicle sticks that you can buy in the arts and crafts section might do the trick. Just an idea.

0 Not allowed!
    As long as there is silicone between the baffle and the tank, holding the pieces together, it doesn't matter if only the outside corners are sealed.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah^.

Ever tried taking silicone off glass? It's TOUGH.