· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow. Just wow.

That's all I can say about the stand. The tank fits PERFECT. I hate to brag, but we did a great job on it. (My friend Kyle and I) Not sure if I've introduced him on here, but he does custom cabinets on the side, and he does a damn good job at it. I built the frame, and gave him some dimensions to make the wrap.

I drew this up on sketchup:

I got everything set up and running. I'm waiting on the water to clear up before I post pictures!

I'm doing this all day --->

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenIsbell

I got everything set up and running. I'm waiting on the water to clear up before I post pictures!
    . . . Put a defibrillator on it and shout 'CLEAR!' - It works in the movies.

Looking forward to the pics.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    LOL

That would be a great way to trip every breaker in Athens.

Wink I am being far too silly in your thread - Sorry :-D

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenIsbell
    LOL

That would be a great way to trip every breaker in Athens.
    Hmm. . True, But breakers are annoying anyway:
    . . .
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    LOL. I wonder what The Rock would do if he had that sort of elbow skills?

As far as the tank updates go, my friend forgot to bring my my camera back, so the video update on the stand will be delayed until I am able to get it back. It should be posted Monday or Tuesday.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    can't wait to see how it's going.

10 gal - 2 algae eating shrimp, 4 cherry shrimp, 1 nerite snail, 2 blueberry shrimp, 1 bronze cory, 1 peppered cory, 2 pc driftwood and planted
    Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Got the saltwater mixed and in the tank. Before, I just had tap water in there with the peotein skimmer running. It never collected any foam. Now with the salt water in, it's already started foaming after only 24 hours!

Salinity: 1.023

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, skimmers really don't work in fresh water. I also tried it once just to see what would happen

I would suggest rasing your salinity to 1.025 to 1.026 tho. It will help to keep your pH more stable and help your corals and coraline grow faster. You have to also keep in mind, the salinity of the ocean is 1.027. The closer you can keep your tank to that, the better it can be.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pics
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looking good Allen. I can't wait to see further pictures either.

10 gal - 2 algae eating shrimp, 4 cherry shrimp, 1 nerite snail, 2 blueberry shrimp, 1 bronze cory, 1 peppered cory, 2 pc driftwood and planted
    Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, it's going to be a fish only operation until I can get better lighting or a new bulb. No telling how old my current bulb is. Could I toss a few table spoons of salt in there to raise it up some, or should I take some out, mix it in a selerate container and add it back?

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast