· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Good info as always, Cliff. Thanks!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    New update video coming soon (hopefully tonight)!

I took a slightly different route with my tank, and I am EXTREMELY satisfied!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You give me hope that someday Ill be able to have a saltwater tank in my home, you did a great job!!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you for the kind words!

Trust me, you can do it! Just do tons of research until you are comfortable with taking on the task. I studied for about 6 months before buying my first piece of equipment. You can learn it much quicker than that if you want, I just wasn't in a hurry. Let me tell you this, it is a lot easier than you may think.

I have made some nice changes to the tank, and I have a video rendering as I type this. It won't be uploaded until tomorrow (new house was only able to get 6mb/s DSL--I miss my 30mb/s cable!). I will post a link to the video on here as soon as it is up. Thanks!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Finally.

I hope that link works. I'm on my phone.

0 Not allowed!
    I love the black substrate. I got the same stuff in my 180 and 120. That combined with the black background makes you tank look great.

Did you re-cure all your rock ?

After 3 days, I would think your are in the clear and should not see any mini spike.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, Cliff! I am REALLY impressed with how it turned out.

I did not re-cure the rock. 95% of the green algae was gone, but I turned the rocks so that the spots that did have green algae are not directly exposed to light. I am going to skip buying a new bulb for this fixture, and go ahead and order my LED system. If the green comes back, I will cure the rocks.

I just noticed today that the SBP are coming back pretty quickly. I assumed they were all dead. It looks like they are getting bigger, and spreading more each day.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Can someone ID these? They are only on and in my powerhead.

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like pine apple sponges to me (or maybe another type of sponge)
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    After comparing pictures of Pineapple Sponges to what I have in my tank, it appears that you are correct.

I guess I am just going to leave them there.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast