· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Interesting. I've read a few care sheets now - yes they seem to suggest they pair off and unless you have a massive set-up are difficult to keep in groups due to aggression. I obviously based my assumption on swimming past a big group of them hanging around a reef. Perhaps not because they like each other that much
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would love to get a pair of them and see if I could get them to breed, but it's just too hard to pair them up since it's hard to determine the sex at a younger age. I was unable to see the vents on mine to see if it was male or female.

I'm definitely getting another one. I will probably wait until next week.

0 Not allowed!
    Bangaiis truly do need hiding spots in the rocks. I noticed a very positive improvement in their behaviour after I had done that. You might want to re-scape your rocks to provide a big enough hiding spot for a adult to hide in as well. That is why most people to suggest a 30 gallon or larger tank for them
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    I look forward to the photos. I've read you should try to get tank bred specimens as their populations are devastated by harvesting for the pet trade in the wild.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Bangaiis truly do need hiding spots in the rocks. I noticed a very positive improvement in their behaviour after I had done that. You might want to re-scape your rocks to provide a big enough hiding spot for a adult to hide in as well. That is why most people to suggest a 30 gallon or larger tank for them
    I have two cave-like areas that had more than enough room for it. If that's not enough, I've got some thinking to do. I feel like my rockwork is as good as I am able to get it. Might have to buy new rock and get creative.

Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~ View Post
    I look forward to the photos. I've read you should try to get tank bred specimens as their populations are devastated by harvesting for the pet trade in the wild.
    I have no idea if it was tank raised or wild. I DO know that there is a breeder that lives close to me. I think I'm going to get one from him. The only downside is his prices are up there.

0 Not allowed!
    If you can not get tank bred fish, I always suggest MCA certified vendors as a very good second option.

Seeing as how bangiis are sooooooooooo easy to breed, you should be able to find some tank bred ones. Mine spawn about every 2 months and have for about 2 years
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have never heard of an MCA certification. I will definitely look into that.

I heard that they are the Guppies of saltwater!

Thanks, Cliff!

0 Not allowed!
    The below link will help

http://www.aquariumcouncil.org/

All the non-tank bred fish I now buy are MCA certified. I like to support the process when ever I can

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you, Cliff. I will check that site out.

My Starburst Polyps seem to be doing fine. I read that they need to be in moderate to high flow zones. Here is a video of mine. Too much flow?

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So, I walked in today and noticed that my water was extremely clear. Using RO/DI water has really helped clean things up. I wonder how long until this green algae goes away?

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast