0 Not allowed!
    Video update:

Watch in HD!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    About to go pick up a clean up crew.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I picked up 2 Blue Legged Hermits and 2 Turbo Snails. They are floating now! Man...the wait has been killing me. I'm so excited to see some life in there!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've got a couple of concerns with the behavior of my CUC.

Bigger Blue Leg Hermit - Constantly running around the tank. Up the rocks, scraping the glass, etc... Everywhere. Seems healthy. Bored?

Smaller Blue Leg Hermit- Has been standing in the same area, but moving his arms around. Has done this all day.

Smaller Turbo Snail- BARELY moving around. I checked to see if he was alive by trying to move him. He was good and stuck to the rock and I could see him moving.

Bigger Turbo Snail- I think It's dead. I haven't seen it move once since I got it. It has been closed up tightly in the shell. I know that when they are closed like that, it generally means that they are alive. I mean...it hasn't moved .001". I tried to flip it over to get a look at it. It's shut in there tight. Should I leave it up side down or turn it back over?

I've never had crabs, so I don't know how they behave. My freshwater snails were always on the move.

Thanks.

0 Not allowed!
    I never had that experiance adding crabs or snails before

How did you accimate them to the tank?

Can the one crab that has not moved yet touch the substrate with his legs ? Sometimes they can get like a turtle on it's back

Try spot feeding the crabs some mysis shrimp. That should perk them up.

As for your snails, I have never experianced anything like that before so I can't help much there
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I floated the bag for 30 minutes. While floating, I added .5ml of my water to the bag every 5-10 minute for an hour. Poured some out. Repeated that for about an hour and a half. Then put them in.

The smaller crab can walk around, he just stays in one area behind the rocks. I don't have any mysis shrimp. I may have to get some if things don't pick up.

I tested the water and everything is normal.

My fingers are crossed that everything is okay!

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like they just need to get used to their new home

Maybe try turning of the lights for a day and see if that helps
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The big snail is dead. I flipped the shell over and it fell out. I took it out and flushed it, but kept the smell. Oh, man... It smelled like a bed of roses.

What can I do to the shell to make it safe for the water? I don't want to introduce any ammonia from any dead particles left inside.

The other snail and hermits are doing fine now.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I sort of broke some rules with my stocking. Don't be mad at me! If I have any issues, re-homing will be in order.

I got a Banggai Cardinalfish, Lawnmower Blenny, and a Pencil Urchin.

For food, I got Omega One flakes and I bought a Brine Shrimp kit so I can hatch my own.

I read that the Pencil Urchin is not reef safe, so I'm not going to have any corals for a few months. It is under a rock right now. When it comes out, I will post a pic.

I added the HOB filter that came with the 10 gallon aquarium kit. I wanted to use it so I could get a little more surface agitation, and to have a place to house my carbon. It being new, has made micro bubbles. Gotta love that!

I also added 2lbs of "premium Fiji live rock." It has a lot of coraline on it. I wanted to get that started. I'm over 32lbs of rock in here!

So far, I have only got one picture. I will add more soon! A video will be up in a few days once I make sure everything is under control with the life and water parameters in the tank. It is a little cloudy from me disturbing the sand with the rock.

To wrap this up, every thing in the tank is moving around just fine. The Blenny started going after algae as soon as he got in here. I dropped in a couple of flakes to see how they would react. The crabs came running out of hiding and the Banggai took a few bites that came in front of his face.

0 Not allowed!
    Keep a close eye you your ammonia and nitrite levels for the next few day as you could get a mini-spike from the live rock you just added

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast