· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Got a Koralia 240 in there. I will probably get a Koralia 425 for main circulation, and use the 240 for surface agitation before I get any coral.

Here's a pic, anyway. It's a little cloudy due to the new current.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Still cycling... Should be nearing the end. I'm gonna wait until the shrimp is completely gone to make sure my BB is top notch. I may drop a small CUC in this week to work on the algae.

I got myself a DSLR. Nikon D3100. Expect MUCH better media from me from here on out.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm looking forward to the pics with the new camera
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quick, boring update. The cycle is complete. I'm going to be buying RO/DI water from the LFS for $.50 a gallon until I get my own RO/DI unit.

I'm going to do a big water change on Sunday to get some clean water in there. Within a few days after the water change, I'm going to to pick up a clean up crew.

I, personally, am leaning towards NOT getting snails. I had a mad outbreak in my last aquarium, and I don't want that again. Can I get away without having snails? I'm sure I can, but I don't know just how big of a difference it would make. If it's worth it, I'll do it.

Pictures and video with this camera are amazing. The 18-55mm lens that comes with it is decent, but I really need a macro lens so I can get some nice close up shots of the tank. I will upgrade lens in the future if I feel it's necessary. I want to deliver great content to you guys.

0 Not allowed!
    You can't really think about marine snails in the same way as you would fresh water snails. You will not see mad outbreaks of marine snails like you would pond snails in a fresh water aquarium. Your not going to get any other CUC that is easy to keep, AND, will help to clean the glass.

When looking into to your CUC, you will see certain critters in a CUC will only clean up certain types of algae. That is why it is improtant to have a wide range of critters in your CUC.
    Last edited by Cliff; 02-16-2013 at 03:10 AM.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Enough said. I will go with the whole nano cleaner package.

For $20, you get:

10 Nano Nerite Snails, 4 Blue or Red Leg Hermits, 1 Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab, 1 Nano Short Spine Urchin & 3 Nano Nassarius Snail.

It says that it's good for up to 15 gallons. I'm assuming it will do the job in my 20 gallon since it's pretty new.

0 Not allowed!
    If you have a good amount of algae, that should be a good CUC. To put that list into prospective, I only have a few more snails and the same amount of crabs that keep 100 lbs of live rock clean in a 120 gallon tank.

Just make sure you put a lot of extra shells for the hermits to switch to, otherwise you will end up with just one hermit crab as they kill each other off to steel there shells

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I will keep that in mind, Cliff. Where can I get more shells? Earthbound at the local mall sells them, but they are painted up for kids.

Also picked up a hospital tank/salt mixing station.

0 Not allowed!
    Great to hear you are got a QT tank. It can be a pain in the backside to QT new fish, but the effort is certainly worth it

You should be able to find shells at craft stores or in the craft section of Walmart. At least that is were I was able to find them here when I live. Before putting the shells in the tank, I would suggest to soak them in RO water for a week or so and carefully inspect the shells to make sure they were not coated with anything.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Good deal. I will have to run out and pick up some shells when I get the CUC. Maybe the LFS will have them. I would think they would.

I'm gonna build a stand for the 10 gallon. I've just got to find somewhere to put it. It may be going into my garage. It's still cold here at night, so I may have to run a 2nd heater. The main reason for getting it is to mix salt into. I bought 12 gallons of RO/DI water yesterday so I can get all of this tap water out of my tank.

I will be building the stand and setting up the mixing tank today. I might as well do a video since I got the new camera!

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast