· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Question Dumb water change question..

0 Not allowed!
    Well I have searched a little about this but have not run across anything solid. My tank is 65 gallons so with 30-40% water changes that is a lot of 5 gallon buckets. Some are saying to just fill it back up with the water hose. Now is the un-dechlorinated water ok to just fill into the tank then throw my dechlorinator in separate? Probably over thinking this... lol I just do not want to find out the hard way... thanks

0 Not allowed!
    Add your dechlorinater first, then re-fill the tank.

Just make sure the replacement water is close to the same temp as your tank water.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, most likely going to adapted to faucet so I can run heated water back into the tank.

0 Not allowed!
    You can get a water changer, which hooks to the faucet and sink, so you can empty the water, and refill it, no buckets.
    2 10 gallon tanks, 1 20 gallon tank, 1 Fluval Edge, 1 29 gallon tank, and one backyard pond.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiari
    You can get a water changer, which hooks to the faucet and sink, so you can empty the water, and refill it, no buckets.
    I was going to to this but, my faucet is one of those with the head that is a hose and pulls out... No way to attach. If I do this I have to run it to my bathroom. Which is not a problem i guess...

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowerthnyou99
    I was going to to this but, my faucet is one of those with the head that is a hose and pulls out... No way to attach. If I do this I have to run it to my bathroom. Which is not a problem i guess...
    I had exactly the same problem with attaching my Marineland vacuum system to the kitchen faucet, and my solution was also to run it through the bathroom sink. Works perfectly.

0 Not allowed!
    I use my bathroom sink. And it's easier. If you fill the tank from the hose outside, you'll be adding cold water to the tank that the fish will not like at all.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My bathrooms are upstairs. I had to drain out the window, then connect to the bathroom faucet to fill.

Still 1000X easier than the damn buckets.

BTW, is a water changer.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I ended up buying a water changer and feel like it was a little bit of money wasted.

The vaccum power is not enough running througn a 50 foot line of tubing, so I still use the gravel vaccume with a longer hose running out of the house. So I only use the water changer to fill the tank and you can buy the parts at the local hardware store to accomplish this fur much cheaper.

Water changer was $75.

You can typically buy PVC tubing for about $0.40 per foot of 5/8.

Then maybe $2 - $5 for an adapter that fits your faucet to the tubing just to run it from the sink to the tank for a fill up. Save yourself $50.
    55 Gallon Freshwater Tank (semi-planted) 48"x21"x13"

Video of 55GAL Tank - DEC 2012

0 Not allowed!
    You can buy beverage hose at Home Depot very cheaply and just buy the pump for $7 too.