· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    here is what i am talking about, also is this stand homemade, never seen a stand like that in a lfs. everyone left that helped me carry it so i had to take a pic as best as i could, i cant move it much

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What is pic 3 of ? Pic 2 looks like the wooden trim has come away so shouldn't be a problem. I would fill it up in a garage and leave it a few days and while its sat there you can look at the silicone seals and get an idea if they are good or not, do you have a pic of the bottom of the tank to see if it is braced.

Big tank what's going in it ?
    1) 140 gallon with 70 gallon sump. 1 German Rams, 50 neons , 16 Schwarzi cory, 10 harlequin rasbora, 6 Hengals Rasbora, 2 Bulldog Plecs, 4x dwarf Gouramis, 12 golden barbs, 12 cherry barbs,8 Yellow Boesemani Rainbows and loads of assasin snails. Sump has central heating pump. water flows through a 4 layer foam and 1- 2kg of bio, also has a 18"x 18" algae scrubber that works well. fluval U2 to transfer to my QT when needed

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    is that wood or plastic?
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by scotchbonneteater
    What is pic 3 of ? Pic 2 looks like the wooden trim has come away so shouldn't be a problem. I would fill it up in a garage and leave it a few days and while its sat there you can look at the silicone seals and get an idea if they are good or not, do you have a pic of the bottom of the tank to see if it is braced.

Big tank what's going in it ?

pic 3 is the other end, nothing really excpet it is notched, i had camera so extra pic never hurt .. no brace at bottem, i checked, there is no signs of one every being there. the centerpiece is about 1/2 in glass. it is thick, the tank is real thick to. not that i have ever felt up alot of tanks, lol.. ok bad joke. on what is going in it; just expanding my 75 community tank, up a school and add a severum. maybe add some reed(rope) fish.

also the back to the glass, it really is thick, me and a friend can lift a 75 no problem. this tank took 3 people and we struggled, not sure if that says anything on why a brace isnt at the bottem.

also the stand does it look good, is homemade, I have never seen one like that

0 Not allowed!
    I've never seen a bottom brace on any tank. That stand will look a whole lot better once painted and it looks very solid.

0 Not allowed!
    Lady hobbs, many tank manufactures do use bottom frame pcs on their tanks. Aqueon has been using them on their 125 gallon tanks for at least a few years now. The below pic is form there website

Angelfish11788 Looks like tank was not made with a cross brace. I would still suggest resealing it, justy to be safe.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by genocidex
    is that wood or plastic?

plastic to look like wood. and hobbs, i just picked up a 55 at petcos 1 a gallon and it has a bottem brace.

sorry cliff we posted at same time, it has a 2 cross braces at top but a super thick piece with them, though no brace at the bottem

and yea the 55 was an aqueon
    Last edited by Angelfish11788; 12-29-2012 at 12:10 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    As long as the tank has not had anything removed off of it, and there are no cracks/chips in the glass, you should be OK. That plastic/wood looking stuff looks like it was added for looks and not structure
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thanks, it is going to be set up in garage for 2 weeks. hopefully that will be good enough

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff knows more than Me so he could be right about re-sealing the tank, If I was going to do it I would probably re-build it completely. I have 2 Juwel tanks that have a frame underneath, They are made with a suspended base, removing the need for polystyrene between the aquarium and cabinet, Just asked the question as Juwel say the tank will break if the base is broken
    1) 140 gallon with 70 gallon sump. 1 German Rams, 50 neons , 16 Schwarzi cory, 10 harlequin rasbora, 6 Hengals Rasbora, 2 Bulldog Plecs, 4x dwarf Gouramis, 12 golden barbs, 12 cherry barbs,8 Yellow Boesemani Rainbows and loads of assasin snails. Sump has central heating pump. water flows through a 4 layer foam and 1- 2kg of bio, also has a 18"x 18" algae scrubber that works well. fluval U2 to transfer to my QT when needed