· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Unique catfish stocking

0 Not allowed!
    I was at petco today and I noticed they had small catfish labeled stone cat, they are tiny and appear shy. From what I've been able to figure out with out knowing the species these are called Hara jeroni or Asian stone catfish. Does anyone have experience with these? Even though they appear shy I'm considering a group for my 29 in my sig. My gut says it'd be over stocked but with them being very small and shy I think it might work and want others opinions.
    20 gallon tall: empty
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP
    10 gallon QT: empty

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Don't know much about them but it seems that they're inactive bottom feeders which might make them look shy, i have two Hoplo cats which were pretty active at the store but now hide all day and only come out to eat (behaviour might change in your own tank).
    Additional info;
    http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/hara-jerdoni/
    15 Gallon Tarantula tank - Completed. - 1x Lasiodora parahybana
    55 Gallon South-America tank - Neverending. - 10x Nannostomus trifasciatus, 4x Corydoras aeneus, 2x Megalechis thoracata, 2x Acarichthys heckelii
    15 Triassic tank - Planning started. - Possibly a healthy group of Triops cancriformis

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thats about all the info I've been able to find about them. I'm starting to think that with my GBR they won't work. I've got a spare 10 gallon that I'm using for pond snail breeding that I might set up for them at some point I love cool catfish.
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Is your Ram really that bad?
    My Ram kinda ignores everything in my tank and there's plenty of fish in there.
    I am planning to make an Asian tank myself and definately want these so i also would like to find out more about these good looking mysterious catfish.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Every now and then it chases a tetra that gets to close when its feeding buts in normally fine. I need to find more info and id it properly before I get some.

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Don't buy them. Stone Cat's are asian fish and come from slow moving streams with colder waters. They would not be able to survive for a long period of time in a warmer set up. http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/hara-jerdoni/
    My 10 Gallon Aquarium Journal
    20 Gallon: 1x Mikrogeophagus ramirezi, 10x Nannostomus beckfordi

~Formerly known as Carapar56~

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I was just reading that article and came to the same conclusion. I'm going to look into setting up a spare 10 gallon for a small asian biotope along with pond snail breeding.

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds good :D I was thinking of doing the same thing for hara jerdoni. They're very awesome little catfish. And in a 10 gallon you can have quite a few if you can keep your parameters constant.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yep I didn't actually check how much they were so that might end the hope but if they are a good price I'll have to start planning.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    They might be a bit pricey but they're a very rare fish and almost never seen on the market.