· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    You can use pantyhose or stockings on your intakes to prevent your fry or juveniles from going into the filters. Also, I would recommend placing your heater more centrally and toward the substrate in a larger tank like yours to disappate the heat more evenly.
    Last edited by jeffs99dime; 12-27-2012 at 07:22 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    If you want bottom dwelling fish and/or live plants, you might want to rethink the crayfish. From what I have read, they can be aggressive and sometimes will eat plants

http://www.fishchannel.com/freshwate.../crayfish.aspx
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~
    You could always add some sort of netting over it. Got a spare pair of fishnet stockings?
    Good idea!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    If you want bottom dwelling fish and/or live plants, you might want to rethink the crayfish. From what I have read, they can be aggressive and sometimes will eat plants

http://www.fishchannel.com/freshwate.../crayfish.aspx
    Plan is to put a few plants in and see how he takes to them, I keep him well fed.

As for bottom feeders I will keep some discretion. His only friends on the bottom are ghost shrimp and he has not messed with them at all, even when he was in a 20 gallon with them.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs99dime
    You can use pantyhose or stockings on your intakes to prevent your fry or juveniles from going into the filters. Also, I would recommend placing your heater more centrally and toward the substrate in a larger tank like yours to disappate the heat more evenly.
    I know the heater needs to be centralized, but for the time being it is not enough heater for the tank. My thinking was to put it by the intake of the filter to heat the water going into the filter, then it would get circulated by the power head when it dumps back in. Currently with the thermometer on the opposite side of the tank I can keep a consistent 77*.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Alright, so now that we have deemed my filtration as crap, my heater in the wrong place, and my crayfish as a nuisance. ROFL Anymore stocking ideas?

0 Not allowed!
    If you get cannisters you can get inline heaters.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowerthnyou99
    Alright, so now that we have deemed my filtration as crap, my heater in the wrong place, and my crayfish as a nuisance. ROFL Anymore stocking ideas?
    Well once you get yourself all lined out LOL, I would get a large school of Bloodfin Tetras. They are a schooling, active fish that would keep up with your roselines but not get to big to take away from the roselines being the centerpeice of your tank; if thats what your going for.
    Have fun.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowerthnyou99
    Plan is to put a few plants in and see how he takes to them, I keep him well fed.

As for bottom feeders I will keep some discretion. His only friends on the bottom are ghost shrimp and he has not messed with them at all, even when he was in a 20 gallon with them.
    That's good to know.

Maybe emerald cories as they are bigger than average cories and would be the least likely for the crayfish to recognize as potential food should his behavor ever change. As you stated, you'll have to keep a close eye on things
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I might just stick with the crayfish and the shrimp for bottom dwellers for now. Possibly add a few different types of shrimp to color up the floor. I like the Bloodfin and, also like rummy nose's but have not been able to find any in my LFS's....