· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default What in the snail hell?

0 Not allowed!
    So I did a water change a couple of days ago and this am my daughter notices all these baby snails. Problem is I only had one snail that mysteriously showed up about two or three weeks ago after adding a plant. It was so small that I didn't concern myself. How do I get rid of these tiny white snails
    55 Gallon community tank that is probably a bit overstocked....dont judge me

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Probably the best thing to do would be to get your hands on a few assassin snails. these will reproduce as well, but they eat other common snails.

1/2 Gal. Vase Veil Tail Betta (Ty) -- My little sister's
    1 Gal. Vase Veil Tail Betta (Felix)
    10 Gal. Fancy Guppies, 11 Ghost Shrimp, 1 Oto Cat
    15 Gal. 1 Grey Marble Angel, 5 Peppered Corys, 3 HY511 Tetras, 2 Oto Cats
    40 Gal. 2 Gold Pearl-scale Angels, 3 Sparkling Gouramis, 2 C120 Corys, 2 Peppered Corys, 1 Axel Rodi Cory, 5 Oto Cats

0 Not allowed!
    What in the snail hell?

I guess you meant "where did these snails come from"? The one snail you had simply laid a cluster of eggs and now you will have many. Pick them out as you see them. You can also drop in an algae pellet and the snails will flock to that and can be scooped out.

Assassins are great but I think I would hold out on them until you were really loaded with snails so they don't run out of food themselves.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just squish the pond snails against the side of the tank or a rock. My apple snail does quick clean up.

Talking

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshineb
    Probably the best thing to do would be to get your hands on a few assassin snails. these will reproduce as well, but they eat other common snails.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MOTNQWz_Hf.../s1600/381.jpg
    +1

I've had a pair of these lovely assassins for a year or so now and they have bred (I see a few babies every so often but they are soooooo slow growing you will never be overrun with them). Assassin snails will also eat leftover food. I think they're brilliant. And attractive!
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by inuudo
    I just squish the pond snails against the side of the tank or a rock. My apple snail does quick clean up.
    I would not suggest squishing the snails with your finger though. I've read several stories where individuals squish with fingers and the shells cut them and they got an infection.
    25 Gal - Tropical
    Custom made Wet/Dry/Sump Filter System, AquaClear 20 Powerhead, RenaCal Excel 300 Heater, artificial plants
    Fish - 8 Blackskirt Tetras, Red Wag Platy, German Blue Ram, Bulldog Pleco, Assassin snail.
    "Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success." King Solomon.
    Pictures of my 10 Gal Sump Filtration project

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Got it thanks all
    55 Gallon community tank that is probably a bit overstocked....dont judge me

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You can also trap them.Take a used water bottle and poke holes in it only big enough for the snails to get into.Weight the bottle down with some rock or gravel.Place food in the bottle(algae wafer will do),sink bottle to bottom of tank and turn out the lights overnight.In the morning you should see snails in the bottle.Simply rinse it out with hot tap water(this will kill the snails)and place back in the tank with new food.Repeat this until you see no snails.

I had a real bad outbreak of pond snails a few years back.By the time I started to act I had over 30-40 in my tank.I used the above method and within a week I had no more snails.