· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Strange bolivian ram behaviour

0 Not allowed!
    i have two bolivian rams that i got as juveniles that have grown up a bit now.

i left for a 2 day vacation so no lights and no food, when i got back, the two rams that used to fight and stay on opposite ends now swim very closely together.

but strangely they follow eachother around yet still peck at eachother (not violently).

not 100% sure on the sexes but i believe male and female as one is more colourful and has extended tail fin.

is this mating behaviour?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like it could be. Hard to tell exactly without more detail of their interactions. Check out this article that explains their mating behavior pretty well.

http://www.cichlidae.com/article.php?id=31

0 Not allowed!
    You could have pair. Can't really say whether they will actually breed or not, but it does sound like they're testing the water, so to speak.

Check this link out. It'll help you with sexing your Rams, and it'll give you some other ideas.
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=92214
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Easiest way to gender them is to look at the tubes. The male will have a small pointy tube that faces towards his rear tail, and the female will have a larger stubby tube. Males usually have a hump on their head, and the females usually have a rounded head. Some try to gender them by the top fin points, but thats too difficult. I've also noticed that the tail has two elongated points, one on the top and one the bottom on the male, and the females usually have short ones.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the help and advice - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass 
    Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady 
    Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 
    Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    As far as that being weird, I dont think it really is. How many movies have we made about humans who come out of a scarey or stressful situation only to appreciate someone they previously didnt get along with?

Seems that the time off allowed for potential courting when they grouped together for protection.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's