· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yep he's not laying on his side anymore other than when he wants to, which right now he doesn't. His tail has gotten much bigger it looks like from when he was younger when i got him about two months ago.

I hated to rehome Jack, but i was out of options with the 10 gallon because i didn't want Rose to always go after the oto's food. With the fact that he's VERY tempermental i liked Rose's laid back personality better, and the fishless cycle wasn't complete on the other tank yet.

Jack won't have anyone in his tank with him either even if he did have all that room, that's the other reason i chose to rehome him. My two ten gallons are meant to be community tanks. Course with two ten gallons now (one still in fishless cycle course right now) i could have a few more options.

Still plan on not putting anything else in the Oto cat tank until i can confirm that there is no longer an .5 ammo issue. I do like the tetra option. I have three LFS stores reaching out for 10 ember tetras for me. None of them look to be having any of those in stock until after the new year though, so i have time.

One of those LFS is also reaching out for 5 red cherry shrimp for me as well.

Though for the life of me i have no clue why Rose likes laying on his side every once in a while (even at 81F water)...He's weird. He's perfectly fine as he's still breathing and his color is fine...He's just weird lol, and yes he did this in the other tank every once in a while.
    6 gal column- 1 powder blue dwarf gourami, 1 bronze cory, and one nerite snail, planted.
    10 gal - 2 F celebus rainbows, 3 ghost shrimp, 1 nerite snail, 1 mystery snail, planted
    10 gal #2 - 6 flame tetras, 1 ornate tetra, 1 nerite snail, and 1 emperor tetra planted
    Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm considering a small school of Gold White Tetras (A/B compatability maximum size 1.5 inches) to go into the tank with the 3 remaining oto cats and one assassin snail.

As i know some tetras though small require more swimming room, I want to see if the Gold White Tetras would be doable in my ten gallon tank with the otos and the snail. I'm thinking a small school of about 6-8.

Opinions/thoughts?
    6 gal column- 1 powder blue dwarf gourami, 1 bronze cory, and one nerite snail, planted.
    10 gal - 2 F celebus rainbows, 3 ghost shrimp, 1 nerite snail, 1 mystery snail, planted
    10 gal #2 - 6 flame tetras, 1 ornate tetra, 1 nerite snail, and 1 emperor tetra planted

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shidohari
    I'm considering a small school of Gold White Tetras (A/B compatability maximum size 1.5 inches) to go into the tank with the 3 remaining oto cats and one assassin snail.

As i know some tetras though small require more swimming room, I want to see if the Gold White Tetras would be doable in my ten gallon tank with the otos and the snail. I'm thinking a small school of about 6-8.

Opinions/thoughts?
    Do you have a scientific name for this spieces?
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

0 Not allowed!
    I'm a bit concerned you're planning stocking in a tank that has worrying ammonia issues. Get these under control first before even considering anything else.

You said you were cleaning too much - can you describe exactly what you do to the tank?
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If you read further up the post, you would see that i'm not planning on stocking this tank with any more fish until the ammo is under control. I'm talking about a time for WHEN THE AMMO is under control firefly. Could be weeks or months down the line for this to happen, so i'm planning ahead. That's why i'm asking.

0 Not allowed!
    Yes I read that, I'm just surprised.

Get your ammo under 0.25 for now then. Huge water changes required here.

0 Not allowed!
    If this is the 4 gallon tank, it has no more room for fish other than a betta and certainly not a school of tetra's.

When you talk about "Rose" or "Jack", are you aware that not everyone is aware of what fish these are?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No this is the ten gallon tank lady hobbs with the 3 remaining oto cats and the assassin snail in it. The one that was previously cycled, but lost some of it's cycle due to over cleaning.

Rose the betta used to be in this ten gallon, but because he was bullying the otos out of their algae pellets, i rehomed Jack from the 4 gallon tank (with this situation i couldn't keep both bettas and my other ten gallon still wasn't cycled at the time), and moved Rose to the four gallon.

So the ten gallon that is now having issues with ammo but is currently stocked only contains 3 oto cats and 1 assassin snail with fake plants. This question on stocking for this ten gallon tank is only for down the line in the event that my tank is just readjusting for bioload changes now.

After being on this forum for so long i would not be silly enough to try to add more fish to a tank that is currently having a Ammo issue, even if it's only a small ammo issue.

I've learned a few things have faith...

0 Not allowed!
    Who is Jack?

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Jack was the meaner of the two betta fishes that originally inhabited the four gallon tank.

Also firefly if you're being a smarty, yes he was named after Captain Jack Harkness.

However due to the fact that my second ten gallon wasn't completely cycled I couldn't keep both betta fish. Since i needed the four gallon tank for rose, i rehomed Jack.

Now firefly if you ask me who Rose is i'm going to have to harm you lol.