I'm having to Rehome Jack the spadetail betta (the mean one) from the four gallon tank because i had to Move Rose into the 4 gallon tank as he was always trying to prevent the oto cats from getting any of the algae wafers i put in the tank because he'd go for eating them.

I'm thinking that this may have also contributed on top of the fact that i was cleaning my ten gallon community tank too much to the consistent .5 ammo reading since stress in fish causes heightened respiratory activity.

The question is this, once that ammo reading gets back under control (NITRITES are still consistently reading ZERO and NitrAtes are always 5-10 now) should i consider adding any additional stock to the tank?

If so what would you suggest? I would want something that would let the oto cats feed and not bully them out of the way. Right now i'm on the second twelve hours of testing a zucchini slice on the aquarium veggie clip to see if anyone goes for it. Will pull it out later today and then put one in again tomorrow.

I think rose is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.

Thoughts?