· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavis1979
    Thanks Steeler. I am quite fond of the black neons as well.

I will say, I saw some Head & Tail Light Tetras lat week and was upset that I was out of room in my tank, but thats the plight of fish keepers, ya!
    To many fish and not enough tanks.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am sooo far behind and have lots to catch up on....so here it goes!

Recently I viewed my tank and found that a big hole had been dug. I didnt think I had any fish capable of this in the tank, does anyone know who the culprit is? Only new additions are the bamboo shrimp, and my only other suspicion is the algaw eater. Strangely enough the large blue marbles have been moved around significantly as well. Sorry the picture is so bad, but its about 3-4 cubic inches of displaced substrate and the blue and the slate are usually clear or white rocks.

Then I found a peppered cory with very little life left and took these pics before it died. Anyone give a diagnosis? It have a severly concave tummy, which seemed to appear over night, and the scales looked like dry skin, and the left eye was bulging with blood under the surface, looked alot like a black eye.

Then my big bamboo shrimp molted and its shell was floating in the tank. A very sizeable shell at that! But its color was brilliant orange-red after molting and was cool to see.

55 Gallon Freshwater Tank (semi-planted) 48"x21"x13"

Video of 55GAL Tank - DEC 2012

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I also captured a picture Of the shrimp hanging out behing the Farlowella Catfish.

Then I decided I was no longer satisfied with the aqua scaping and moved a bunch of stuff around. This is the latest setup but it will change again soon. I am getting ready to re-home the gourami and algae eater and boost the schools of tetras.

Awards Showcase

Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Nice pictures Davis you've done a great job and come a long way from where you were when you first started.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you sir!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Love the pics!
    Tanks: 30 gal community and 10 gal shrimp/community
    Journals Here

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    To catch things up some and keep the journal sync'ed with the other threads....There was so phenomenon in the tank and I lost a bunch of fish. Probably due to a large number of significant changes and the stress caused by that was too much.

#1 - The gourami and the algae eater were getting large and starting to get aggressive in the tank. A local fish store that I like agreed to take them off my hands and re-home them.

#2 - The Black Neon tetres had a few instances of spawning over the past few months, but they went into a spawning frenzy and each female fish pumped out 6 -10 ejections of eggs which sent hte tiger barbs into a feeding frenzy. This activity paired with the lack of the more aggressive gourami made the tiger barbs revert back to a violent pack of dogs in the tank and they killed a few black neons trying to get more eggs.

#3 - I changed around a bunch of the aquascape, I added new drift wood and plants, and took out some of the fake store ornaments. I had also taken out the bubbler which I added back after fish deaths which were seemingly related to oxygen deprivation.

#4 - I took the tiger barbs to the work tank and rehomed them there and took the pristella tetras that were at work home.

Right in there some where I started losing fish....it was long and drawn out but it was maybe 1 - 2 fish every 24 hours for about a week. It was fish of all varieties and no real signs of trama. Fish were gasping some and this was attributed to needing the bubbler in the tank, but there was no signs of bacterial infection or fish aggression.

After things seem to get back to normal after 4 days I slowly started adding fish back to the tank. Now that the semi aggressive fish were gone, I was able to take the tank in a different direction.

I wanted to have larger numbers of smaller peaceful fish, I would say a tetra tank, but I have a new small yellow gourami, some cherry barbs, cory cats, and some shrimp. Current tank stocking is as follows.

10 Black Neon Tetras
    10 Neon Tetras
    8 Lamp Eye Tetras
    8 Glow Light tetras
    3 Rummy nose Tetras (they didnt have more at the store)
    6 Gold Pristella Tetras
    3 Cherry barbs (will get 3 more when i find good stock)
    1 Clown Pleco
    2 Leopard Cories
    1 Sterbai Cory
    1 Farlowella
    1 Rainbow Shark
    2 Flower Shrimp
    4 Amano Shrimp
    5 Nerite Snails

Plants:
    Moss Balls
    Anubias Congensis
    Java Fern
    Aponogeton
    Giant Hair Grass
    Green Cabomba
    Banana Plant Lily
    Cryptocoryne W.

Pics to come soon, but I am not done with the aqua scaping, still on the prowl for rocks and driftwood that would look good.
    Last edited by ddavis1979; 02-19-2013 at 01:22 PM.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Some updated photos:

Overall Tank - 20 FEB:

Some of my red eyes - I love this fish!

Rummynose +

This guy was listed as algae eater shrimp, I assumed amano, but its starting to look like a blue berry shrimp, would be a steal at $1.29

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    So how many Rummy noses do you have now? The tank looks clean and clear by the way.
    -Vince Lombardi

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, I just finished a 60% water change last night. A cherry shrimp appeared out of no where, he had been hiding out for 3-4 months now unknown to me :)

I have 6 rummy nose