· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Good plants/mosses on driftwood?

0 Not allowed!
    I recently put a nice piece of malaysian driftwood in my 55g. I have a few plants already and want to really green it up.

What are some good plants or mosses that will grow on the wood and which are the fast-growing ones?

Thanks

55g African Cichlid tank -
    29g Community tank -

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Java Fern and Java Moss are the 2 most common easy growers to put on driftwood.

0 Not allowed!
    Christmas Moss and Anubias, Pennywort. Is this going to be low light- high light? Low tech to high tech? Ferts? CO2?

0 Not allowed!
    Most plants that grow attached to wood grow slowly...
    Another beautiful plant that can grow on wood is the African fern, bolbitis heudelotii.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would go with either anubias or java fern I'm setting up my first tank also and both plants have done well. I just dose fertilizer and liquid CO2 in low light.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My Anubias did phenomenally on driftwood

Awards Showcase

and let them not be forgotten! - korith One back at you! - steeler58 Never too late to drink to the fallen. - KevinVA Have another tetras for the new tank - steeler58 Have another tetra, you need more fish anyway :) - steeler58 
    Good advice on the Flame tetra, I can't rep you any more, so have a "cherry barb" - steeler58 Now you have 15! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Have a Cory!! - steeler58 Good Luck - pRED 
    Sorry about the betta - Slaphppy7 to your next Betta - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Chin-up - Cliff sorry for your loss. - cm12setx 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx 

0 Not allowed!
    I have Java moss on my drift wood and it will attach quickly, However you will want to tie it down at first, or place the moss under the wood and let it grow up around it.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    I have Java moss on my drift wood and it will attach quickly, However you will want to tie it down at first, or place the moss under the wood and let it grow up around it.
    I did get a small amount of java moss and tied it to a few small rocks with the hope that it will start to cover the rocks and grow from there.

If I put some moss under the driftwood, won't it need light to grow? Or does just some of it need to be exposed to the light? Right now I have some also on some sort of stick the pet store had it growing on.

55g African Cichlid tank -
    29g Community tank -