· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I have kind of taken a backseat to the world of fishkeeping; the break has been nice and given me some time to think about what I really want to manage. I know I do not want a horde of small tanks. I have also always wanted to keep larger CAs but never had the space. Thus I have came up with the idea of selling my current cichlid stock except for the O and male Rotkeil. All the other Rotkeils, Geophagus, etc will be staying with the old 150G but in a new location. My mother has actually expressed interest in moving the tank to her business...so looks like I wont be completely loosing those fish or the tank.

As for my tank room I have already ordered a 90G Aqueon to house the O and the Rotkeil. Its not the 6ft the fish prefers but it does offer the gallons he needs and it will fit my space much easier. I am also probably going to go ahead and suck it up and buy a new 150-180G and keep a few large CAs. Otherwise I am down to just the 56G column and 50G acrylic
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Have wondered what's been going on with you. Still waiting to see your discus n your 556G (hint hint), or do you not yet have that tank stocked?
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller View Post
    As for my tank room I have already ordered a 90G Aqueon to house the O and the Rotkeil. Its not the 6ft the fish prefers but it does offer the gallons he needs and it will fit my space much easier. I am also probably going to go ahead and suck it up and buy a new 150-180G and keep a few large CAs. Otherwise I am down to just the 56G column and 50G acrylic
    Oh, I see. You need to simplify your life by limiting yourself to keeping a 50, 56, 96 and 180? Wait...I didn't count the 150 at your Mom's business that you'll end up taking care of? Well, I'll say this, you did sweep...ummm...3 tanks out of your life? Oh wait, do you still have the office tank?

Ahhhh, anyway...it's great to hear from you!
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

0 Not allowed!
    No discus in the 56 as of yet anyway, actually debating on whether I want to devote the time to discus. Have also thought of festivums.

Office tanks are also going to be nixed. If anything I may put a single 20-29G there this fall. I am done with running after small tanks lol.

For the new 90G it will receive the wood out of the 100G. Other than riverstone and PFsand its done. Still not set on a 150 or 180, msinly comes down to how much floor space I have once the 50 and 90 are in there. A 12ft room really shrinks with a couple of good sized tanks in it.

0 Not allowed!
    I have settled on the filtration for the 90G....got a new Fluval 405 on Ebay for $60, will pair it with 2 AC110s. Really excited to move the Orb. I have only been able to get over to the old house every couple of weeks to check on the auto feeders and do a WC. The fish are making it but not quite what they were accustomed to before.

Have yet to really settle on a stock for the 50G....SO has expressed interest in both fancy golds and a "river monsters" tank which would have a shoal of exodon paradoxus. Knowing us we may end up with both down the road. I would actually prefer to have exodons in a shorter tank such as a 40B and the golds in the 50G.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    50G is going to be a high tech asian planted. We lso discovered that petsmart is having a sale on topfin tanks. Going to pick up a 40B tonight for a cool water tank featuring white clouds, dojos, and golds.

$2 per gallon which includes versa top and light, not a bad deal

4x75Gs coming soon

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Good deal! Looking forward to seeing it.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, I wish it was that cheap here. The best, absolute rock bottom deals here are at least 5 bucks per gallon.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Great deal...unfortunately they were out of 40s. Meh, Ill probably just wait till Petco has their tank only $1 per gallon sale later this year.

Also the LFS that ordered my 90G still has not gotten it in, good think Im not in desperate need of any of these tanks at the moment
    Last edited by MCHRKiller; 06-20-2013 at 12:29 PM.

4x75Gs coming soon

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think you should try to fit in a 180 gallon if you can. You might not have room for the 8 foot version but there is also a 6 foot one. (Someone on my craigslist has been trying to sell an 8 ft acrylic 180 gallon for a long time now, only 500 bucks but I know you arent close enough to me.)

Hopefully your mom is hiring some strong people to move that tank of yours to her business, you made it sound super heavy.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast