· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I wish

Wound up sucking it up and doing a complete renovation to the rest of the house...we sadly have not yet moved in. Some health issues and a good case of the flu have slowed progress as well. I am hopeful to have the human occupants in the house within the next 10 days...fish occupants will probably be another month.

I did however rescue a Siamese mix from a local kill shelter which is living at the new house...my mom had been looking after my cat and dog and opted to not let me have them back. The new cat is also *maybe* pregnant...
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    [QUOTE=MCHRKiller]and a good case of the flu QUOTE]

There is no such thing.

And AmyLynn, where have you been?
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

0 Not allowed!
    Oh no there is not such a "good" flu...not even the 8 days at home was very pleasant In good news I may have found a nice little desk setup for my Thai import betta...so I will atleast have an aquarium until I can secure the large tanks.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    We have officially moved into the new house...the tanks are still at the old house. I have them set on timers and auto feeders, I will be going over there once or twice per week to do WCs and check on things. I am loving the smaller space and lack of constant upkeep that a small house provides. The first tank of the house arrived today...it is an Aqueon Evolve 4 for my desk. It will be a planted low tech tank and house my Thai HMPK. I should have this tank up and going by mid-next week. I will say that I am excited to have a tank at home again.

4x75Gs coming soon

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller View Post
    We have officially moved into the new house...the tanks are still at the old house. I have them set on timers and auto feeders, I will be going over there once or twice per week to do WCs and check on things. I am loving the smaller space and lack of constant upkeep that a small house provides. The first tank of the house arrived today...it is an Aqueon Evolve 4 for my desk. It will be a planted low tech tank and house my Thai HMPK. I should have this tank up and going by mid-next week. I will say that I am excited to have a tank at home again.
    so happy to hear you're over the flu and moved in to the new house. will be fun to hear about and SEE picts of the new tanks as they get set up. Congratulations!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    The Evolve 4 is set up...I must say that I am impressed with the tank. It is much nicer than I had anticipated. I have not yet scaped the tank or moved the fish so sorry no photos yet. Sand and water are not interesting enough to bother with a photo.

However the SO and I are going tomorrow to pick up our first "real" tank for the house. We have a space in the living room which we had hoped would have been large enough for a 75/90G. However the couch took up much more room than we had anticipated so we wound up with a space of only 34". Considering Petsmart has tanks on sale what better way to fill the space than with a 56G column. It is large enough to house a mated pair of discus...along with a shoal of tetras, some sterbai, and a couple of BNs. Which is pretty much what we were looking for as a focal point to the living room...and the near cube shape of the 56G should prove for a nice display. Super excited about this one

4x75Gs coming soon

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    We have the 56 gallon column tank from petsmart. The stand, tank, and glasd tops are nice. The light stinks for plants since the tank is 24" deep. We bought a 24" 4 bulbs t5ho light system and our amazon sword plants are doing great now. When we bought it I didnt see many options for a 30" t5ho light.

I dont know which way you plan on going for filters, but an aquaclear 110 wont fit with the center brace on the tank.

If you watch for awhile that tank setup goes on sale for $224.99 pretty often. The stand is even assembled for you for less work.

Glad your renovations went well.

0 Not allowed!
    Does the stand have enough room for a canister? I have a spare XP3 which could see purpose here. I will be replacing the light with a 30" Current 2x24watt...just going to keep Vals and possibly a few other more red plants so no need for a ton of light. The brace will make my life hard in terms of finding suitable wood. Glad to hear you like the tank

4x75Gs coming soon

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    As long is the stand is the same as when I got mine last March (and the picture looks the same as minr), your xp3 should fit just fine. There is a fixed shelf in the stand, but it is pretty high up. I keep my air pump and food on the shelf. The back of the stand has a big opening for canister lines and electrical lines to go out too.

0 Not allowed!
    Oooo, I'm subscribing to this. When can we expect photos?
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~