· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Journal aquarium

0 Not allowed!
    K. So gonna give this aquarium journal a try. Please feel free to comment about everything! I love advise.
    So first off here is my first thread link. I had a bunch of people help me and are still giving me wonderful advise.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=118733

K. So I currently have two tanks.
    The first tank is a fish tank. It is almost completely cycled. I figured I would start this journal since I plan on doing a lot of things and doing some changes.
    So picture of my current tank as is
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411069471.790504.jpg

It's cute. But I have some issues with it. One its small two everything is fake lol.
    I currently have
    3 female full grown female mollies. (Sparkle jewel and roo)
    2 male adult mollies ( kyou and kuro)
    1 female Mollie fry named nemo about 8 weeks old
    1 tequila sunrise named pilot
    1 catfish named captain
    1 african tree frog named flare.

Second tank is a turtle tank.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411069998.588732.jpg
    His name is hopper and he is almost ten inches long. This tank is a 20 gallon and small for him. As you can see no decorations. He has a habit of eating them.

So here is my plan. Hopper is getting moved into a bigger tank. Not sure of the size but it was a terrarium that we are converting into an aquarium.
    The current tank that hopper is in is going to get scrubbed and become my fish tank. And my fish tank is going to become my seclusion tank. I plan on leaving the catfish and the frog in the smaller tank. I also plan on leaving any fry in the little tank.

And just found out my boyfriend bought me some shrimp and they are enroute so here is to my tank adventures. :-)

I plan on planting moneywort in the new tank. And was wondering about advise on cholla wood? Is it good? I want the new tank to be completely natural.

1 Not allowed!
    If your tank isn't yet cycled why are you adding more stock to it? Have you read the cycling with fish sticky in the beginners section? Best to read up and get some stability before adding to the problem.

Why is your fish tank not full with water? Why so low?
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

3. Default Journal aquarium

0 Not allowed!
    I am starting a whole new tank lol and the shrimp where a hey you got fish so I ordered some of these for your birthday gift. He already got yelled at for it. Yes I have read up on the cycling and that is also what the link is too is about that. It also addresses why my water is so low. And that is due to the type of filter I have. I am still learning but the fish where kind of a here you go type thing and I am trying to do my best to ensure they survive rather then just wing it lol.
    My turtle tank is fully cycled. I don't know if I mentioned that.
    Last edited by Cadysage; 09-18-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz 
    Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 

3 Not allowed!
    Hi there! I just noticed a potential problem...terrariums are not made the same as aquariums, the glass is much thinner as they are not meant to hold water, especially a full tank of water. That's why terrariums are much less expensive than aquariums in the pet stores and come with a warning label against such use.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Admittedly I don't know much about terrariums or turtles, but what do you mean by your turtle tank is cycled?

6. Default Journal aquarium

0 Not allowed!
    With turtles you don't need the water as full as a fish tank and the glass as thick. The main problem with terraniums is the way they are sealed. It is no where as thorough or waterproof as an aquarium. However the glass is thick enough if resealed correctly. Long and pain in the but process but can be done ( I did a lot of research on it lol) You are supposed to cycle a turtles filter just as you would with fishes. Constant water changes stress the turtle out and can lead to shell rot.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz 
    Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I'd check the thickness of the glass, 6-9 mm minimum for aquariums. Are you going to be resealing the terrarium then? I would just hate to see it lose integrity and not hold.

8. Default

1 Not allowed!
    The glass is 10 mm. And yes we are doing a complete reseal on it :-) I would too plus I would hate to clean up the mess after the fact lol

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Awesome! Love a girl that researches :D

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Lol. I tend to get a bit obsessive about things I take an interest in ⌒.⌒ lol