· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 
    Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF - steeler58 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

Unhappy

0 Not allowed!
    I returned the remaining 7 glowlights to the LFS this morning. They still would not eat and I figured they might have a chance there (they would have no chance with me). I am so disappointed, as they were really cute little fish. No more really small fish for me!

I have a store credit, so they are ordering me a nice size male neon dwarf rainbow to replace the one I lost. I might also add 1 or 2 more females, not sure at this point. When I get the new male I will have 2 males and 4 females (1:2 ratio). Could always add 2 more girls later for a 1:3 ratio - we'll see.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Amano Shrimp

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 
    Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF - steeler58 

Cool

0 Not allowed!
    Last night I put in new seaweed. Fish love picking at it. A great way to provide a veggie source for my neon dwarf rainbows. The BNs (BN2 is lurking) love it almost as much as their broccoli.

I trimmed a bit off the length of the mesh so that 3 sheets of seaweed (folded in a little less than half) fits nicely. It can only stay in for 24-36 hours or it gets slimy and falls apart.

Last edited by gronlaura; 05-09-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass 
    Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 
    Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus 
    TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry the glowlights did not work out for you. I once had one live for 10 years.

By the way your Zebra danios are some of the healthiest, robust specimans I've seen of them in some time.

Thanks for sharing the video with us.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Video of Shorty, the long-finned zebra danio whose tail was completely bitten off while in the QT. It is growing back nicely - he will be long-tail-finned soon!!!

Sorry for making you dizzy with my videography skills - he is fast and hard to follow!

Last edited by gronlaura; 05-09-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1 View Post
    I'm sorry the glowlights did not work out for you. I once had one live for 10 years.

By the way your Zebra danios are some of the healthiest, robust specimans I've seen of them in some time.

Thanks for sharing the video with us.
    Thanks steeler1 - I just posted a video of Shorty and his new tail growth. My 6 long-finned danios (including Shorty) came from Petsmart and looked really healthy right from the start. They did great in the QT, unlike the glowlights who wouldn't eat (if I could have gotten them eating, I think they would have been fine). I was certain I would lose danio Shorty when I saw his lack of a tail (bitten off all the way to the body), but he is thriving. The 2 original danio survivors (one was a tiny juvie) I got from my LFS in December are also very healthy - they survived when the other 6 didn't.
    Last edited by gronlaura; 05-09-2013 at 09:47 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Hey gronlaura, your videos are always entertaining and really show off your fish. I love the colors and activity of your plecos. They're absolutely beautiful and rarely is there any good video of them sucking along the wall, let alone swimming. Excellent job!

Also, sorry about the Glowlight Tetras - they certainly are pretty fish, but you're well-stacked with amazing looking fish. Congrats on an awesome and healthy tank!
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    Hey gronlaura, your videos are always entertaining and really show off your fish. I love the colors and activity of your plecos. They're absolutely beautiful and rarely is there any good video of them sucking along the wall, let alone swimming. Excellent job!

Also, sorry about the Glowlight Tetras - they certainly are pretty fish, but you're well-stacked with amazing looking fish. Congrats on an awesome and healthy tank!
    thanks Kevin. I love my tank. I will get one more male rainbow to replace the one I lost and am considering adding some amano shrimp.

0 Not allowed!
    I've got 4-5 Amano shrimp in my 20gal Betta tank. They're pretty interesting to watch and they get surprisingly large - about 2" long. I enjoy observing the different behaviors of inverts and fish. I think you'll enjoy them, too. =]
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    I've got 4-5 Amano shrimp in my 20gal Betta tank. They're pretty interesting to watch and they get surprisingly large - about 2" long. I enjoy observing the different behaviors of inverts and fish. I think you'll enjoy them, too. =]
    I think they would be a nice addition. My problem is getting shrimp that are at least 1 inch -WetSpot has 3/4 inch and they are the same price as my LFS and I'd have to pay shipping. Liveaquaria has 1 - 1 1/2 inchers for $4.69 each for 12 or more, with $34.99 shipping, a bit too expensive for me. I have emailed Invertebrates by Msjinkzd in PA, 10 for $18.00 plus shipping. Haven't heard back yet regarding shrimp size and shipping cost. I will check them out at my LFS this weekend. If his are at least 1 inchers, he may be the best option.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Got a reply from Invertebrates by Msjinkzd - the amanos are $2 each and shipping is only $13. If I start with 10, that's cheaper than my LFS.

I'm still unsure about shrimp safety in my 75 gal, so I am considering setting up an amano shrimp tank, maybe a 20 long, and adding a school of peppered cories. I'm thinking the 20 long is better than the 20 high, as it gives more length for the cories.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast