· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Someone has unleashed anti-AC karma your way, no doubt about it!

Every time I move a snail to a bigger tank (I've done it alot, lol), it's like they have a new leash on life, just like yours

That blue snail is gorgeous...it looks like the shell is a ridgeless, smooth surface, almost like porcelain or fine pottery
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

1 Not allowed!
    What a pretty snail, agree with Matt-the snail shell is super smooth, no Ca deficiencies with it! Sorry to hear the AC30 pooped out on you too. Wonder why they have been acting up lately
    75g- Heavily planted/DW. Stock: 3 emperor, 2 cardinal tetras, 11 Pseudomugil furcatus, 7 gourami, too many cory, 3 oto, 3 Dojo loaches, 10 kuhli loach, 3 plecos, nerite/mystery/mts/assassin snails, and 6 amano shrimp
    Two 5.5g- Planted, each with female Betta (Baby & Aurora)
    10g- Planted, pea puffer-(Diva)
    20L- Bloody Mary shrimp, boraras rasbora
    20L- Blue Pearl/blue dream shrimp, Pygmy Cory, Ember tetras and CPD

75g:
    10-20L Shrimp tank
    Future 40B Goldfish tank
    Probiotic trial

3. Default

2 Not allowed!
    I'm so glad that you're enjoying your snails. The one you posted photos of looks very cool. They add an interesting dimension to a tank, for sure.

1 Not allowed!
    My AC110s are about 3-1/2 yrs old and the AC30 is 3 yrs old. The AC110s have been very noisy right from the start. I can't believe how quiet it is in my living room without them running. I am going to set up the 2nd SunSun on this tank tonight. I want to get 1/2 of the biomedia out of the other SunSun, as it is packed in there rock solid (even the bag from the AC30). I have to DIY an intake tube - I didn't keep the ones that came with the canisters because on my made water containers I use long hoses for intakes so it pulls the water from the bottom.
    75 gal - Smudge Spot Cories, Silvertip & Pristella Tetras, Scissortail & Red Tail Rasboras, Pearl Gourami, Black Kuhli Loaches, Wild Caught BNP, Mystery Snail
    Dual 29 gals - Diamond Tetras. Harlequin Rasboras, Bloodfin Tetras, Peacock Gudgeon
    10 Gal - Mr. Betta's Fishy Paradise

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    What a pretty snail, agree with Matt-the snail shell is super smooth, no Ca deficiencies with it! Sorry to hear the AC30 pooped out on you too. Wonder why they have been acting up lately
    I have 2 small pieces of cuttlebone in the tank in case they need more calcium. My dGH in this tank is 9 (upped from 8), so they should be okay.
    75 gal - Smudge Spot Cories, Silvertip & Pristella Tetras, Scissortail & Red Tail Rasboras, Pearl Gourami, Black Kuhli Loaches, Wild Caught BNP, Mystery Snail
    Dual 29 gals - Diamond Tetras. Harlequin Rasboras, Bloodfin Tetras, Peacock Gudgeon

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

2 Not allowed!
    My replacement Aqueon OptiBright+ LED fixture arrived today from Aqueon. I tested it here at work and all is well. The colors are so vivid and I can't wait to go home and play with it! First a stop at Menards for canister intake supplies and then home.

I called Aqueon this afternoon and thanked them for their excellent service. I will ship the non-working unit back to them tomorrow.

7. Default

2 Not allowed!
    Have fun playing with your new light! It is so nice to know their customer service is excellent.

Cool New Kuhli Loaches

3 Not allowed!
    It was great spending the day Saturday with Natalia and her sister Kathy at our annual club summer party. The food was good, the company super and the points auction awesome.

I bid on and won 6 black kuhli loaches, who are thoroughly enjoying themselves in the 75 gal. What characters they are, out and about, zooming all over the tank.

They have taken a special liking to the very top ends of my 2 large DW pieces, draping their bodies over the DW and just hanging there (in the pics, he/she's not dead - that's the light colored underside) sometimes 2 at a time (please excuse the debris on the sand as this was pre-PWC). The first time I saw this it really threw me for a loop!. They also like to hide and weave in and out of the artificial plants. They wind themselves around the stems where they are attached to the base, with just their head sticking out. After this morning's PWC I had to add sand in the front and they were all out playing, very nosy as to what i was doing with the sand. I am really enjoying watching their antics.

I was concerned about having too many bottom dwellers with 12 cories, Mr BNP and the 6 kuhlis, but after seeing how comfortable they were right from the start, I know everyone will be fine. I just have to make sure I feed enough. I wasn't going to bid on them, as with the demise of my AC30, I no longer have a QT. But I said a prayer and took what for me was a BIG chance and brought the little critters home. I have been using Rachel O'Leary's net and drop method, no acclimation period, and the kuhlis were fine with that, immediately wandering around the tank checking out everything.

2016-08-16 Kuhki loach.jpg 2016-08-16 Kuhli loach (1).jpg 2016-08-16 Kuhli loach.jpg

Awards Showcase

Thx for the nomination. - pRED Thx for the nomination - pRED right back at cha :o) - fishmommie T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F. - showmebutterfly 
    You are a superman for hanging in there with this tank. - fishmommie Good to see you back and thanx for all the thumbs up ;-) - steeler58 Here's one for the weekend ;-) - steeler58 Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58 Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos 

1 Not allowed!
    Congratulations on your new fish. And good pics too.

Default Aqueon OptiBright + LED

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Have fun playing with your new light! It is so nice to know their customer service is excellent.
    I love my new Aqueon OptiBright+ LED fixture. It has an auto sunrise and sunset mode. A half hour before the light is set to go on, it starts with the purple color at 10% and ramps up over the next 30 minutes, ending with the color and intensity (yellow at 100%) I have chosen for the duration of the time the light is on. When it's time for the light to go off, it ramps down the opposite of the way it ramped up, ending with a dark tank. Because of this tank not getting a lot of natural light during the day, I also like that I can turn the light on (yellow at 30%) in the morning at an intensity that causes no algae growth.

All my fishes' colors really pop, much more than with the Current USA unit. All the species in this tank (including the new kuhli loaches) prefer subdued lighting, so this unit really fits the bill. For my tank, I love the yellow color, which is soft and really shows off my fish beautifully.

The remote control works on RF (radio frequency), not infrared like the Current USA unit, so you don't have to aim the remote at the tank. It is a bit harder to figure out and I am going to contact Aqueon with some questions I have. I will do a video soon.

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast