· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    TGIF - showmebutterfly TGIF...too bad it only comes once per week :-) - Taurus TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF -- and TFAYH (thanks for all your help!) - wgoldfarb TGIF! - Compass 
    My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    GOOD on the black sand, I think you'll be happy with the end results...I know I am READY for that project to get back up and running, seems like that build thread has been too quiet, for too long, for me and the others here, dang it!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 
    For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly TGIF! - wgoldfarb 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    GOOD on the black sand, I think you'll be happy with the end results...I know I am READY for that project to get back up and running, seems like that build thread has been too quiet, for too long, for me and the others here, dang it!
    I know, I know!!! The weekends I thought to have available to do what needs to be done with the dual 29s ended up not being available!

I am going NOWHERE this weekend (well, maybe to Michael's and/or Petsmart for some plants)!!! I need to finalize my aquascaping and get my fake plants.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Wild Caught BNP
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Harlequin Rasboras, Albino BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny 
    Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    Thanks, JJ. When I was attaching it, the plant slipped and immediately became a substrate plant!

There was a tank at the expo with glowlight danios in it. Even though they weren't fully colored up, they sure were nice looking fish. It confirmed my decision to have them in a species tank.

There are quite a few breeders in the club I want to join. The members I met at the expo said that the glowlight danios were a fish being bred. I am going to wait until I can speak with them at the meeting to see what is available.

I bought my sand for the dual 29s (petco black sand). I just need to clean the tanks and put in the sand. I still have not settled on my aquascaping for either of the tanks. I want them to look like one 5 foot tank, but with a little different aquascape in each one (both will have the black sand).
    I gotta get another tank, everytime we discuss fish like Glowlight danios or Slaps Hatchet fish, I get the fever, LOL.
    Both my tanks are almost maxed out and I have to replace some of the schooling fish so no room except hatchets and the replacement fish. Anyway here's another video that has me wishing, LOL.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    TGIF - showmebutterfly TGIF...too bad it only comes once per week :-) - Taurus TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF -- and TFAYH (thanks for all your help!) - wgoldfarb TGIF! - Compass 
    My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    I know, I know!!! The weekends I thought to have available to do what needs to be done with the dual 29s ended up not being available!

I am going NOWHERE this weekend (well, maybe to Michael's and/or Petsmart for some plants)!!! I need to finalize my aquascaping and get my fake plants.
    I mean, seriously, the last post on your twin 29 build was over TWO weeks ago???....that's just not acceptable, Laura

Just messing with you, but let's get that thing rolling again soon...steeler1 is right, the need for more tanks is hitting me hard, too...cool danios in that vid...so we need some new tank building and stocking from you to satiate the urge vicariously, lol
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 11-20-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 
    For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly TGIF! - wgoldfarb 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1 View Post
    I gotta get another tank, everytime we discuss fish like Glowlight danios or Slaps Hatchet fish, I get the fever, LOL.
    Both my tanks are almost maxed out and I have to replace some of the schooling fish so no room except hatchets and the replacement fish. Anyway here's another video that has me wishing, LOL.

Love the video!!!
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Wild Caught BNP
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Harlequin Rasboras, Albino BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cool video Steeler I love the looks of that cory school and i swear I heard them going munch munch munch
    My Aquarium Journal
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...=1#post1186825

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    5 Long Fin Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

75 Gal Planted tank 65% stocked

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny 
    Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
    Cool video Steeler I love the looks of that cory school and i swear I heard them going munch munch munch
    Yeah the Panda cory are attractive little guys, but I'd go with C. metae if I had my choice of the two.

Last edited by steeler58; 11-21-2013 at 02:12 AM.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

3 Not allowed!
    Here are the new rainbows in the 75 gal. Sorry it's a little dark, I still had them with subdued lighting. I transferred them Sunday evening after 2 weeks in the QT. They are beautiful, healthy fish - I can see the advantage of buying from a reputable breeder (he is a member of the aquarium club I joined!). They immediately started schooling with my 3 girls. I haven't had schooling activity like this since I lost most of the rainbows last May. It really proves that we should keep our fish in proper sized schools. In the 10 gal QT the 2 new males were buds, swimming and hanging together. In the 75 gal, they are flashing at each other and at the rainbow girls. I LOVE watching them and was reminded why they were the first fish on my original stocking list and are still in my tank. I think I will always keep neon dwarf rainbows.

For anyone wanting to keep them, a proper sized school of 6 or more with 1:2 M to F ratio, the correct dGH (10) and really good oxygenation are what will keep these fish healthy and happy. They also need a proper size tank, as you can see them enjoying the current from the 2 AC110s and swimming the whole length of the 75 gal.

Oh, and for Matt, at the very end, Shortee (who lost her tail) the danio makes a cameo appearance.

Last edited by gronlaura; 03-05-2014 at 10:49 PM.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    very, very nice. So glad they came around for you. I think you should get some more :o)
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    very, very nice. So glad they came around for you. I think you should get some more :o)
    Oh boy, the power of suggestion. I have been thinking of getting another male and another female. I will see the breeder at the club meeting on Friday. I originally had 9, lost 1 male who had a damaged gill from being netted at the LFS (I didn't notice till I got home), added another male and then lost all but 3 girls last May to too low a dGH and not enough oxygenation. I and the fish learned a very hard lesson.

Just emailed the breeder to bring me another M & F. I am living dangerously..........
    Last edited by gronlaura; 03-05-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast