· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sil's 75G

Default Sil's 75G

5 Not allowed!
    I should have started a journal in Feb when I first joined AC but I was so busy learning from everyone here I didn't think of it. So, I guess it's about time to start my jounal so I don't keep thread jacking others'.
    I have had this 75G acrylic tank for over 20yrs but it had become very neglected and abused by me due to laziness and lack of knowledge. It has a AC110 HOB and an Eheim 2215 for filtration. When I first got the tank I only had the Eheim canister and did not know about the ability to put valves on the intake and output so it was a BIG PIA to clean (which lead to my laziness, etc) .
    Last Feb the only fish in the tank was my Featherfin cat that is approx. 15 yrs old. With the knowledge that I gained from AC I reestablished the tank and 2 months later began adding new fish. First were Neons from Petsmart but as I continued to look at the fish in my LFS I became wary of the quality that I was seeing. This eventually led to my first TWS order last April and it has grown from there. In the past I have only had artificial plants but now I am starting to add some live plants and see how I do with those.

Yesterday was my third TWS order of 10 Rummies (to add to my 7), 10 Candy Canes and 7 Sunset Honey Gouramis. One Rummy was DOA Another one wasn't looking too good but I put him in the tank anyway. This morning everybody looks good except one rummy's nose isn't as red as the others. Hopefully they will be happy and healthy.

The day before yesterday I added my first Assassin snails and crypt to the tank (thanks Matt) and am experimenting with some creeping jenny.
    P.s. As I stated earlier my tank was abused by me which included scratch marks and watermarks, which is why I don't post many pics.
    Lighting is bad in these pics but wanted to get a few taken this morning. (pics to come soon)
    75G:Planted/ Red Phantoms,/Green Neons/Candy Canes/Lemon tetras/Rummynose tetras/Harleys/Cardinals/Neons/Honey Sunset Gouramis/Tiger barbs/ 15yr old Featherfin
    20L: Green Neons, Elvis the Blue Betta:( will eventually be changed to a LOTR theme)
    10G: cycling (new home for Elvis)
    75G: Set up in Spring, purchasing items now
    20G: Planted/Red Wag Platys (last on list to redo)

2. Default

1 Not allowed!
    sounds awesome, even with scratches we need to see pictures lol

5 Not allowed!
    75G:Planted/ Red Phantoms,/Green Neons/Candy Canes/Lemon tetras/Rummynose tetras/Harleys/Cardinals/Neons/Honey Sunset Gouramis/Tiger barbs/ 15yr old Featherfin
    20L: Green Neons, Elvis the Blue Betta:( will eventually be changed to a LOTR theme)

0 Not allowed!
    Agreed, I'm subscribed and staying tuned.

Hope the assassins are cleaning up well for you.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

2 Not allowed!
    That was quick, lol.....looka awesome....that DW is really cool, beautiful piece

And the new fish look happy and healthy, congrats again
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

6. Default

4 Not allowed!
    lookin good, never be ashamed of a tank, if the fish are healthy and properly cared for, it doesn't matter how much algae you have :)

3 Not allowed!

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas to you, too. - Silbar Its a green lazer! -Merry Christmas! - AmazonJoe Early christmas present because Ill probably forget tomorrow - Faded Merry Christmas! - Anders247 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Christmas Clown fish !  Enjoy the holidays - Cliff Happy New Year!  Pop a cork for me :o) - fishmommie Wishes for a terrific New Year. - SeaLady Here's to TGIF, and the AC - Slaphppy7 Happy Friday, Lee! - BluewaterBoof 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

2 Not allowed!
    Tank looks good and thanks for starting the journal, easier to keep up with you ;-)
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas to you, too. - Silbar Its a green lazer! -Merry Christmas! - AmazonJoe Early christmas present because Ill probably forget tomorrow - Faded Merry Christmas! - Anders247 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Christmas Clown fish !  Enjoy the holidays - Cliff Happy New Year!  Pop a cork for me :o) - fishmommie Wishes for a terrific New Year. - SeaLady Here's to TGIF, and the AC - Slaphppy7 Happy Friday, Lee! - BluewaterBoof 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

2 Not allowed!
    I like all of your fish species, many of my favorites but your Red phantoms really stand out
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys!