· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Help Discus not eating??

0 Not allowed!
    Hey i got my discus awhile back maybe 5-6 months ago. when i bought him at the LPS with another discus 2 in total. one was torqiouse color and the other was a melon orange. They both were doing fine with my other 5 discus. They are about 4-5 inches long but the torquoise is not eating has not been eating for months maybe 2 or more. He was nice and fat now he is super skinny. he has lost alot of color and became reallly pale he wont eat he stays in one spot all the time. everyone else is fine but he hasnt been eating for months i treated with melafix, salt, methyline blue, high temp at 89 but still nothing. any help? i got him in a 60 gallon tank with 6 other discus and a teacup stingray, i also got 4 amazon swords and 3 anubis plants. 50% water change every 3-4 days.

0 Not allowed!
    If I remember correctly, this is the same tank were you had trouble with one of your tea-cup stingrays actually unusual just a little while ago.

Have you tested the water parameters in you tank ?

Have you tested your tap water parameters ?

From my understanding, bot types of fish are very sensitive to water parameters.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah got it checked out everything is good. Ph 7, ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates 3 and temperture is at 89.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I also got alot of algae growth going on in my tank. i keep my lights on 24/7 is that a bad thing? like algae is on my plants leaf. anyway of stopping that?

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    He must be eating something, I doubt he would be alive for going on 3 months with no food. It may be too late, but have you treated the fish for parasites?
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would increase the water changes to 60-70% daily for a week and see if that shows any sign of improvement. Also dip whatever food you feed in garlic, consider feeding freeze dried black worms or making a beef/turkey heart mix.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I really doubt he is eating because if he dosent eat when i feed the food, all the other discus would devour the bits n worms in minutes. After that thier is no food on the floor and im positive he dosent ever ever eat i watch them everytime i feed them till thiers nomore food. Im not sure what medeicine is for parasites???

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    when you say dip in garlic what do you mean? like whats the process?? do i soak the garlic in water then add my food to the mixture?? i do also feed them my own beefheart mixture, tetra bits and blood worms cubes and black worms live.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    When you say 60-70% water changes daily, should i still add like aquarium salt and water conditioner each time too??

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    I've had good results with PraziPro for parasites. To add garlic to the food, just squeeze the garlic juice into the food and let it sit and dry for a bit, then feed the fish.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.