· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Possibly. I may have to get rid of the two extra males if the guy I got them from doesn't have any more females :/. And just keep the pair.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So I've been sick and I haven't kept up with water changes. After about a week I decided to test my water parameters and surprisingly they weren't too bad, Ammonia 0, Nitrates were only 10 ppm. My fish are feed three times daily by an auto feeder so nothings changed bar the water changes. My GH was 7 and my KH dropped from 8 to 6. Also I decided to test the pH and it read 8.2 on the chemical test even tho it reads 8.4 on my calibrated meter.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Haven't made an update in a couple weeks so here's whats going on:

Battling cyanobacteria right now, I had Dr. Tim's waste away on hand so I dosed that, installed my heaters, tank now constantly runs at 83-84 degrees. I have a 1050GPH powerhead running at an angle towards the front glass to add circulation to a dead spot in front of the driftwood, the discus don't seem to mind it.

Aquascape wise I have a surprise coming in the new couple weeks, finally getting rid of that 'barren' look ;)

0 Not allowed!
    Oooo, a surprise. I look forward to seeing what you have planned.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome looking tank, just managed to have a good read through your journal, looks like your doing excellent

I think we need more pics of those discus
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for all the compliments guys, I appreciate it.

I moved up my timeline to better accommodate for my 'activities' for the Carnival season here, Saturday is day I'm aiming to give the tank a complete overhaul ;)

I have a question:

What's a good alternative to Clown Loaches and Assassin snails for a snail problem? Or should I try the good old lettuce and snail trap method.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mojosodope
    What's a good alternative to Clown Loaches and Assassin snails for a snail problem? Or should I try the good old lettuce and snail trap method.
    I've seen here on the forum that a very effective method is to sink a slice of zucchini at night. In the morning it will be covered with snails. Take it out, dump the snails and repeat each night until they're gone. Sounds very much like the lettuce method however, I've found that my apple snails much prefer zucchini to lettuce so it may be more effective with your pest snail problem.

Good luck!!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted:severum, EBJD, congos, royal pleco
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie
    Good luck!!
    awesome I'll try that, thank you!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Finished my 'surprise' this morning, pics to come tomorrow hopefully!

0 Not allowed!
    Ahh, the suspense! ;P Did you already try removing some snails? I'm curious to see what worked for you.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast