· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Oh an question... Are your young discus skittish now without their buddies? They are seeming to hide a lot now. I would love to see them out and exploring but I think the minimalist landscape makes them feel a bit uncomfortable? What do you think?
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudiJetson View Post
    Hey, I think it looks fantastic! I love that you split the driftwood, gave the tank some nice focal points other than just the center..what are the tiny plants attached? The sword in the center is going to look amazing when it gains some size. Great job!! I wish my storage cabinet looked like that :D
    Hey Judi thanks for the compliments :), the plants on the driftwood are all anubius. There is an anubias barteri var. nana mother plant on the left pillar with some cuttings of it and there are also pieces of Anubias nana var. 'Petite on the driftwood as well as some attached to pieces of lava rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    I like it, I liked it before too, but still looks just as good

Curse you for having that all organized like that, my storage is so limited lol
    Thanks bro, Crazy thing about those supplies is that most of it wasn't available locally, in fact everything you see there besides the pair of scissors and the fish net I had to import myself.

Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    That has every potential to grow in nicely!

What an impressive amount of supplies you got.
    Thanks man, I hope they grow in nicely as well. Most of the florida sunset crypts have already melted away their emersed leaves and have started to grow their submerged forms :D

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    Either that or replace the 1 amazon sword in the middle with 2 or 3
    I'm considering removing the sword actually, there's new growth but it's not thriving in my water. I do have three red tiger lotus bulbs that I have currently in the middle of the tank, just waiting for them to sprout!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    Oh an question... Are your young discus skittish now without their buddies? They are seeming to hide a lot now. I would love to see them out and exploring but I think the minimalist landscape makes them feel a bit uncomfortable? What do you think?
    Thanks for your compliments bro, yeah they're definitely more skittish, I will be selling them either today or tomorrow to the LFS who I initially bought my super blue discus from. And for the middle I'll be adding some more lava rock (or carib sea river rock if I can't get more lava) and the three red tiger lotuses will make up the centerfold of the tank once they grow in :)
    Last edited by mojosodope; 05-03-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds cool man. Looking forward to its growth.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Me too, I checked to see if they're dead but the sink really fast and they aren't squishy so they're by all accounts, alive.

So I got in some more dwarf sag from my plants supplier today, (home delievery for free woo ), he told me he has been breeding some RCS and Orange Sakura shrimp so I got some. I bought 40 RCS, 34 females 6 males, and 10 Orange Sakuras.

My large rainbow males ate a couple of the really small rcs but seem to ignore the bigger ones and the orange sakuras camouflage with the sand and the background so they seem to be fine. The small ones were eaten while they were swimming by the larger males..........they were eaten whole. The Discus seem to ignore them completely, hopefully the breed and replenish their population, almost all the females I bought already had visible eggs.

There seems to sufficient hiding spaces for now and I will plant the dwarf sag later today to create a thicker foliage.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Very cool. I like the orange shrimp, like a little cremecicle in the tank lol. I have never had a discus eat shrimp, they are a cool cuc for leftover food. With all the planted tanks and all that lately on all the sites that I see I am debating starting up a 75 gal planted discus tank with shrimp discus and cardinals... Could be used as a pairing tank.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Do it, that sounds awesome, a large school of cardinals is always impressive.

So I added the rest of the dwarf sag to provide additional cover. I noticed that most of the shrimp now reside on the little cliff made by 3D background and there were 3 bodies of red shrimp on the sand. Apparently the rainbows have a taste for them now. Including the ones I've seen eaten whole.

I assume I've lost a little under 10 so far, now at this rate I doubt they're going to repopulate in time so I'll just leave this bunch in there but I won't be adding more to the tank until I start breeding them myself.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny 
    Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Yep theirs nothing that beats a big school of Cardinals but you know me; I don't like them much LOL.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Haha I don't fancy them particularly but they're affordable and practical to keep in large schools. Now how about a large school of denisons? ;)

Awards Showcase

No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny 
    Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mojosodope View Post
    Haha I don't fancy them particularly but they're affordable and practical to keep in large schools. Now how about a large school of denisons? ;)
    I'll buy them when I get the next aquarium.

Actualy there are a lot of atractive African characins I would like to try in a tank the size Judie's doing or your size.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1 View Post
    I'll buy them when I get the next aquarium.

Actualy there are a lot of atractive African characins I would like to try in a tank the size Judie's doing or your size.
    Something like this;

-Vince Lombardi

Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast